• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Can you still BYOB to the original Thai-Xing? The sign about alcohol and the new place was confusing.

Impromptu dinner at Rogue last night. Love that place. Closed it down hanging out with some of the staff. Got hooked with free wine and cocktails. Good times.

There was another couple there during dinner who were about our age, so mid-thirties, who looked kind of douchy. Well after they left the manager told us that they left a $2.50 tip... on a $400+ meal. Who the fuck does that?

Going to Rogue 24 on Saturday for the wife's bday, any must orders? Is it al la carte or set menu or you get to choose? #somanyquestions

Last edited:
Going to Rogue 24 on Saturday for the wife's bday, any must orders? Is it al la carte or set menu or you get to choose? #somanyquestions

They do now offer a la carte, though they don't really advertise that and the kitchen pefers for diners to get the set 24 course menu (and not solely because of the cost vs a la carte - more because the a la carte dishes are the same as on the tasting menu just larger portions and they are initially created with the idea that they will be small). My advice is to just go with the full tasting menu. It'll be much more interesting.

It was $125 in the spring. Assume it's the same. Anyone been out to Gypsey Soul?

Too far away ;-)

Got 2.5 stars from Siets I think though

Kliman would hate you. His MO is finding obscure ethnic spots miles outside of the District. People will write in to his chat asking for like good Chinese or Vietnamese in DC proper saying they don't have a car or that his recs aren't Metro accessible. He'll reply that you simply need to take like 3 bus lines to get there because it's just not worth eating something like that in DC.

Ha. Siets also advocates for ethnic in the burbs. Cept for Ethiopian, DC proper kinda sucks for that.

Not a restaurant, but I finally checked out A Litteri, the Italian market at Union Market. It's in the complet, but not in the new structure. It's on Morse St. between 5th and 6th. It is fabulous. Lots of great italian food products and wine. And the sandwiches from the deli were awesome. I'd been meaning to check it out for a while and I'm really glad I did.

Not a restaurant, but I finally checked out A Litteri, the Italian market at Union Market. It's in the complet, but not in the new structure. It's on Morse St. between 5th and 6th. It is fabulous. Lots of great italian food products and wine. And the sandwiches from the deli were awesome. I'd been meaning to check it out for a while and I'm really glad I did.

So cheap too! I wonder if the upgrade to Union Market has helped or hindered A Litteri. On the one hand, it brings a lot more people to the area. But on the other, most just go to the actual market.

That place predates Union Market and is indeed very awesome. A coworker who grew up in DC recommended it to me my first week in the city. Mmm those sandwiches.

So cheap too! I wonder if the upgrade to Union Market has helped or hindered A Litteri. On the one hand, it brings a lot more people to the area. But on the other, most just go to the actual market.

There were a TON of people in there on Sat around noon:30. I know that we went there after hitting up the Harvy's at UM to pick up a bunny for dinner, and it looked like a lot of the crowd that was in there would also frequent UM.

Back