• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I'll bet Navy Federal has something similar...I'll look into that. Thanks.

But also, any recs for dealers on a hassle-free experience for test driving would be awesome. Definitely not ready to negotiate since I'm not 100% on the model I want. I have a frontrunner in my head after doing tons of research online, but won't make the final call until I test drive them all.

Had some drinks at Driftwood last week. Typical uninspired, overpriced DC New America restaurant.

We bought from Bill Page Honda when we got our CR-V two years ago, and it was the first time I had really bought a car on my own (well, with my husband as well...but last car before that was a while back and my dad did most everything). We liked Bill Page fine (other than it's a bit out in VA), but really only chose them for the deal we got.

I did a lot of internet research (pretty sure I read something like carbuyingtips.com or something similarly generic). We knew pretty quickly we wanted the CRV, so didn't do a ton of test drives and stuff. But once we had it narrowed down, we inquired at most of the local Honda places (Silver Spring, Bethesda, Bill Page, Brown's, etc) and tried to get the best deal. We did 100% of the negotiating by email and then basically went in just to make the purchase. Of course they still tried to get more out of us on the day of purchase (told us the only one of the color we picked already had door protectors and detailing stripes on it so it would cost extra, so we were just like, ok, then just give us another color without those things...and of course we still ended up with our original choice at no additional cost).

tl;dr - We liked Bill Page Honda, but I would mostly recommend a) where you can get the best deal b) proximity if you plan to service there c) a salesperson that doesn't seem too bad to work with

We got our VW at the dealership on Glebe Road (name escapes me at the moment) and used the internet sales manager as someone suggested earlier on the thread. Was pretty hassle free, light years better than our experience at the Audi dealership down the street which was typical car salesman BS.

Friend of mine just bought an Accord at Honda of Tysons. He said they were idiots but had by far the best price. He's not much of a shopper though so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

I'll bet Navy Federal has something similar...I'll look into that. Thanks.

But also, any recs for dealers on a hassle-free experience for test driving would be awesome. Definitely not ready to negotiate since I'm not 100% on the model I want. I have a frontrunner in my head after doing tons of research online, but won't make the final call until I test drive them all.
Had a miserable test drive experience with Ouirsman Rockville. Did one test drive and then was harassed for months by the salesman. Fitzgerald in Gaithersburg was the exact opposite. Did a test drive, talked to the salesman briefly afterwards and then never heard from them again.

L'Enfant Metro closed for smoke. Hopefully nothing tragic happened....

I was 10 minutes from getting on that exact train. 1 person dead, 2 more in critical condition. 81 sent to local hospitals. Pretty fucked up.

the bar is very small and can get crowded. when it's warmer out we like spending a lazy afternoon on their back patio.

Sort of related/close by:

What is the area called on 17th street near dupont? The strip that includes Sushi Taro, etc? I've worked in the area for years but it recently occurred to me that I don't know what to call it other than 17th street. I guess people call it dupont. But I think of dupont as being over more near the circle and then up Connecticut. It's also not quite to Logan circle. Seems to have developed in to its own area with the drag queen race every year, bars, restaurants, etc.

I was 10 minutes from getting on that exact train. 1 person dead, 2 more in critical condition. 81 sent to local hospitals. Pretty fucked up.

One of my friends was on the train. She's quoted in the WaPo article. Very scary.

Sort of related/close by:

What is the area called on 17th street near dupont? The strip that includes Sushi Taro, etc? I've worked in the area for years but it recently occurred to me that I don't know what to call it other than 17th street. I guess people call it dupont. But I think of dupont as being over more near the circle and then up Connecticut. It's also not quite to Logan circle. Seems to have developed in to its own area with the drag queen race every year, bars, restaurants, etc.

I've never heard anyone describe Komi as not being in Dupont.

It's Dupont Circle 'hood. I would say the border between Logan/Dupont is 15th Street. Although the exact midpoint between the two circles is 16th Street. Cue DC neighborhood border debate...

I work right at 16th and P (NOT the Scientology church, howeva) and I consider 16th the dividing line

Back