• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

For DCDeac or other DCers. Not exactly the right thread but I was hoping to try PX at some point. How critical is it to make a reservation?

Extremely.

It's small and very trendy. Even if you went during a weeknight you wouldn't be assured of getting a seat.

I've gotten in once by just showing up, but we walked down to Eve, had a drink and chatted up the Bartender there, and he personally called over and got us a couple seats. And even then we didn't get in before midnight.

You could try calling the night of and seeing if they are less busy than expected or something, but then you'd have to be ready to jump on a spot immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. How far in advance would you estimate you'd need to make a reservation?

Thanks for the info. How far in advance would you estimate you'd need to make a reservation?

I'd guess 2 weeks but it's been a while so I'm no sure what it's like these days.

Alright DC Deacs, I'm lazy and haven't made reservations for Valentines day yet. Any ideas on places that would be good (and places I've still got a shot at getting a decent reservation at)

I just had to call an cancel my reservation at Komi for this Sat night since I'll still be in W-S. Boo. I'd been looking forward to it for the past month.

I just had to call an cancel my reservation at Komi for this Sat night since I'll still be in W-S. Boo. I'd been looking forward to it for the past month.

wtf dude? why didn't you post here first to see if one of us could take your reservation?

Ass. Next time just transfer it to me.

wfudkn trollin hard this morning.

Props to those on the thread who can just pop into Komi for dinner with only a couple days notice ;)

Valentine's Day is really hit or miss in DC. Some restaurants mail it in with a fixed menu and try to run through as many tables as possible. Others do an awesome job... Most people I know sit that one out, but I've heard Eve does a great job. Probably booked up though.

Props to those on the thread who can just pop into Komi for dinner with only a couple days notice ;)

Valentine's Day is really hit or miss in DC. Some restaurants mail it in with a fixed menu and try to run through as many tables as possible. Others do an awesome job... Most people I know sit that one out, but I've heard Eve does a great job. Probably booked up though.

Dude don't you know everyone on this thread is ballin? :cool:

ive done a good prixe fixe at ps7 on v-day relatively last minute a couple/few years ago. probs sit this one out for the reasons DCDeac mentioned. Neither myself nor the lady really give any shits about Vday as we're hippies.

I'm doing V-Day at Komi (the day after V-Day, actually....only way we could get in booking months ago).

God I still have dreams about that goat. My office is practically across the street and I always just want to walk in and ask for that.

God I still have dreams about that goat. My office is practically across the street and I always just want to walk in and ask for that.

yeah, the goat is baller.

My girlfriend was pretty full by the time the goat shoulder arrived. Which means I basically ate the entire thing. So damn good.

Has anyone had one of the other main courses? If I ever go back I no I'd switch up the goat but not sure with what.

I've heard that the fish is awesome and the suckling pig is pretty good, but the goat is better.

Will put this here since we're basically using this as our DC eating thread. Mike Isabella is doing a pop-up thing Feb 16-19 for his new restaurant Bandolero. Five courses paired with five cocktails. Should be an interesting night and will prob be our Valentine's Day outing. Will report back for those who might want to check out Bandolero when it opens.

Will put this here since we're basically using this as our DC eating thread. Mike Isabella is doing a pop-up thing Feb 16-19 for his new restaurant Bandolero. Five courses paired with five cocktails. Should be an interesting night and will prob be our Valentine's Day outing. Will report back for those who might want to check out Bandolero when it opens.

I'm going to this as well. Got my tix today.

Back