• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Palak Chaat at Rasika is perhaps the best thing I've ever eaten. I've had it at least 4 times now and it is seriously like crack. So good.

It's definitely up there. The crudo, goat, and spanakopita at Komi are in, along with the smoked veal tenderloin and ahi tuna sliders at PS7. Also the lobster bisque at Eve. I should stop, this is making me too hungry.

It's definitely up there. The crudo, goat, and spanakopita at Komi are in, along with the smoked veal tenderloin and ahi tuna sliders at PS7. Also the lobster bisque at Eve. I should stop, this is making me too hungry.

Truth. Those housemade parker rolls are awesome.

Anyone ever been to Cava Mezze? Some very strong Yelp reviews and the girl I'm going with has been raving about it.

Anyone ever been to Cava Mezze? Some very strong Yelp reviews and the girl I'm going with has been raving about it.

Love cava. Like Mediterranean Chipotle. Woah didn't know the one in Bethesda (which is like chipotle) is nothing like the other locations which are real restaurants.

Hate Hill Country BBQ.

Last edited:
Cava on Barracks Row is awesome.

Komi tomorrow night. It's my first time, I'm really excited.

Actually just went to Cava on Barracks Row for the first time on Friday night with 5 friends. We loved it (had a great and personable server, which helped).

My advice from the recent visit...the mezze are bigger than what you usually think of as tapas, so you really need 2-3 per person instead of 3-5 like at some tapas places.

Also, don't order all at once! The food comes out super fast, so if you want to take your time and enjoy everything, order 1-2 things, then order a couple more things later, and so on.

We really liked all our food though...especially the pork belly, mini gyros, and spicy lamb sliders.

Get the flaming cheese! Don't remember the name, but you'll definitely see it as every table orders it.

Also, go go go to Little Serow. Absolutely fantastic meal. What a wonderful place Johnny Monis has worked up.

Get the flaming cheese! Don't remember the name, but you'll definitely see it as every table orders it.

Also, go go go to Little Serow. Absolutely fantastic meal. What a wonderful place Johnny Monis has worked up.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying Little Serow. Everyone I know that's been has loved it.

Now that I know how good it is and how close it is to my office, it's going to be hard to not want to go there once every few weeks.

I'm hearing 90 minutes to get into Little Serow? That about right? Any times better/worse than others? Dying to try it.

Well I went on V-Day, so take that with a grain of salt, but I showed up at like 5:05 and I think I was the last person seated in the first seating. I was going solo and most people were couples, with a few 4-tops. They told me the bar would be a 1.5 hr wait, or I could take the last 2-top. I felt bad taking it, but they were the ones who suggested and it said it was fine since I got there in line early enough.

A little way through my meal (say around 6:00), I heard them telling people who walked in they were now thinking of a seating at 9:30 or 10:00 for parties of 2. Not sure how that translates to a normal Tuesday night, but my advice would just be to leave work a little early and wait in line. Highly worth it.

Awesome, thanks.

And talk about perfect timing, one of my headquarter meetings just got scheduled at Rasika. Palak Chaat fix on the way.

Cava was delicious.

We ordered the flaming cheese, spicy lamb meatballs, baby octopus and green beans. I also rather enjoyed the tomato/pepper spread for pita bread they deliver before the meal.

Boy did that bill jump up in a hurry, though. They've got pretty good drinks, too.

Cava was delicious.

We ordered the flaming cheese, spicy lamb meatballs, baby octopus and green beans. I also rather enjoyed the tomato/pepper spread for pita bread they deliver before the meal.

Boy did that bill jump up in a hurry, though. They've got pretty good drinks, too.

yeah the harissa is pretty good (you can buy it at Whole Foods along with some of their other stuff).

Hitting up the Bandolero pop-up in a few hours. Looking forward to it.

Really enjoyed the Bandolero pop-up last night. I think the restaurant will do really well. I think that the only real comparison in terms of type of food in town is Oyamel, which makes sense. Same concept as Zaytina, Graffiato and Oyamel with small plates served family style. Since there were 4 of us in our party, we were able to order one of everything on the menu. Some things were certainly better than others, but everything was better than just good. A number of the dishes were awesome. As someone who lives and works fairly near Georgetown, I'm looking forward to a restaurant there that isn't a steaming pile of shit.

Was it a tasting menu or a la carte last night? How were the drink pairings?

There was a set first course, and you could choose from 4 options on courses 2, 3 and 4, and ther ewere two desert options. The drink pairings were really good. All were tequila or mezcal based and pretty unique, or at least different that what I see at most places around.

OFY thanks for the review dkn. Bandolero tonight at 6:15!

Back