• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Mexican - San Antonio
Indian - Himalayan Heritage, Red Toque or Jyoti
Basic Pizza - Pizzarro
Fancy Pizza - Stellina
Calzone - Sicilian Pizza
Chinese - Panda Gourmet
Thai - BKK
Rotisserie - Chicken + Whiskey
Greek - The Greek Spot
Sandwiches - Capo Deli

What are y'all's go to delivery/take out spots?

Chicken and Whiskey (roto chicken)
Poke Papa
Salt and Pepper Grill (Indian)
Pho Viet
Timber (pricey but great pizza)

Back when I lived on the hill, it was Sanphan for Thai.

hell yea dkn all over that chicken and whiskey

love ordering a whole chicken and 4 sides and all the sauces, so good

not the best peruvian style chicken in the city by any means but awesome for takeout

The whole chicken and 4 sides is our usual order, but the Borracho wrap is also pretty amazing.

Sushi--Sushi Tono in Woodley Park (worth the extra $$ on uber eats)
Pizza -- Baccio in Bloomingdale
Indian/Pakistani -- City Kebob and Curry by Catholic/Trinity
Ramen -- used to drive to Toki but lately just Haikan by 9:30 club
Thai - Beau Thai in Shaw
Chinese -- Great Wall Szechuan on 14th
Mexican - El Sol in Shaw
Foodhini is a great delivery service, downside is you have to order 24 hours in advance.

YKlYKW8.png

Heading to DC tomorrow morning and staying through Sunday afternoon. Staying with a friend who lives near Logan Circle. Any food or other recs on things to do? Anywhere good to catch some of the game?

Heading to DC tomorrow morning and staying through Sunday afternoon. Staying with a friend who lives near Logan Circle. Any food or other recs on things to do? Anywhere good to catch some of the game?

There are about a millions places to recommend. You've got to narrow it down a bit.

Churchkey is a good beer bar. I'd start there anyway.

The whole chicken and 4 sides is our usual order, but the Borracho wrap is also pretty amazing.

We just ordered the whole chicken and four sides.

ETA: That was some good fucking chicken. Damn.

Last edited:
What's the best place for a pre-concert dinner at the Wharf? Heard good things about Kith/Kin, but it looks booked up, can 2 people just walk in and eat at the bar on a Thursday night?

I've never tried for bar seating (though I seem to remember there is a decent amount since it's in a hotel), but I can confirm Kith and Kin is good.

Yeah, K&K is good. I like most of the restaurants down there. I thought Mi Vida was quite good, and Del Mar is excellent. I also really liked Officina. But I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have trying to walk in on a Thursday night. Most everywhere gets pretty slammed and none of the bar areas are huge. We've definitely had nights where we walked into every single restaurant and nothing was available whether a table or at the bar, and then the line at Shake Shack is 100 people deep. If you want a sure thing, you could always hit up Masala Art over by the Waterfront metro stop. It's really good and you can always get a table. About a 10 min walk from the Wharf.

Michelin Washington D.C.’s 2020 Starred Selections

Three Stars

The Inn at Little Washington

Two Stars

Minibar
Pineapple & Pearls

One Star

Bresca
The Dabney

Fiola
Gravitas (new)
Kinship
Komi
Little Pearl (new)
Masseria
Maydan (new)
Metier

Plume
Rose’s Luxury
Sushi Nakazawa (new)
Sushi Taro
Tail up Goat

Bolded the ones I've been to. Tons left yet to explore. Think it was wfudkn that was saying Gravitas was really good? Good for Ivy City.

Michelin Washington D.C.’s 2020 Starred Selections

Three Stars

The Inn at Little Washington

Two Stars

Minibar
Pineapple & Pearls

One Star

Bresca
The Dabney

Fiola
Gravitas (new)
Kinship
Komi
Little Pearl (new)
Masseria
Maydan (new)
Metier

Plume
Rose’s Luxury
Sushi Nakazawa (new)
Sushi Taro
Tail up Goat

Bolded the ones I've been to. Tons left yet to explore. Think it was wfudkn that was saying Gravitas was really good? Good for Ivy City.

How was the Dabney?

Still haven't been to Komi? Surprised at the continued snubs of Bad Saint and Little Serow.

Been to all of those except Maydan. And yeah, Gravitas is great. Was just there again on Sat. We go quite a bit and have become friends with the Chef.

Bad Saint also dropped off Bib Gourmand list this year, which had people speculating it was getting a star. I feel like in DC the list is extremely Eurocentric.

I'm going to Bad Saint for the first time tomorrow actually. Really really liked Thip Khao last week.

How was the Dabney?

Still my favorite in DC. I know others have said they've had hit or miss experiences there though. I've been three or four times now and been really happy every time.

Back