• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Yeah one of my favorites, wish they’d put together broader menus but so good

went to a for reals restaurant this weekend at ate inside (tiger fork). i kinda dig the ordering via phone. i imagine not long until they put ipads on each table for ordering AND potentially doing video chats with the chef / restaurateur when you have questions.

We did Red Hen yesterday. So good!

We're done them a number of times during quarantine. I feel a little weird having them deliver since we're so close, but the food holds up really well and also heats up really well if there are leftovers.

Their spicy cauliflower is such an awesome dish. I’ve tried to replicate it without much success several times.

Finally got delivery from Emmy Squared last night (it's a newish Detroit style deep dish square pizza place). I historically haven't been a fan of deep dish (especially that Chicago style casserole nonsense). But this shit was pretty fucking awesome. My wife's favorite kind of pizza is deep dish, so since I liked it so much, I have a feeling that this place will become a regular delivery spot for our house.

If you haven't tried A Baked Joint for the same style pizza, it's also really good. I also really like Sonny's, which is sorta similar.

Never eaten at baked joint, but my wife works around the corner and has been there 1000 times. Loves it. Heard of Sonnys but haven’t tried it.

Devastating. Tough for bars that are also restaurants to hack it in a takeout world.

I have hope that they'll be able to reopen. That place is one of the big reasons we moved to the neighborhood 8+ years ago. We don't go there as much as we used to, but it's still one of the best bars in DC.

Rebellion, Codmother, Townhall, The Commodore all closed in the last year. No reason to move back to DC (besides Fed Pig)

Back