Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108
Results 2,141 to 2,147 of 2147

Thread: Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Red Hen is in regular rotation, and wouldn't be a huge treat. Would consider Masseria. Dunno that I've even heard of Tiger Fork, will look into that.

Queen's English is one I would push for my wife's bday.

Love Rasika too, but we've been a few times. We don't usually go for steakhouses but I've heard from lots of ppl that St Anselm is good!

Thanks for the recs. I think if I had to have one last meal in DC before I leave town it would still be Dabney.

tiger fork is monte, catty corner from the dabney, but i wouldn't describe it as upscale.

i really like st anselm, wouldn't have even thought to call it a steakhouse

i'm always impressed at how bad shaw tavern is.

i'm also expecting very little from the new italian place that is replacing bistro boehm

Quote Originally Posted by IAppreciateIt View Post
    i'm always impressed at how bad shaw tavern is.

i'm also expecting very little from the new italian place that is replacing bistro boehm
    Yeah, Shaw's Tavern is always meh. I still miss Bistro Bohem. It was my go-to place when people were visiting and we had a party of 8 or more and wanted to go to dinner and didn't have a reservation. Bohem always had that big table in the back for us.

There's not much on that stretch. RIP old Zenebech. And since COVID I haven't been to that cocktail bar in the basement or the rooftop El Techo. Right Proper's food is decent though.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    I'll defs miss Bohem. It wasn't perfect, but a quick walk from home and always good food. The biggest negative was the atrociously slow service. It didn't bother us because we knew to expect it, but I always did chuckle when tourists or new people arrived and would get incensed and the staff would give zero fucks.

Shaw's could be soo much better than it is. I don't hate it as much as a lot of people I know, but my wife refuses to go there so I don't make it in very often. I like El Techo a lot. It's a fun place to do some day drinking.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Got my five year wedding anniversary coming up this summer--if you could eat one meal in DC, what would it be?
    i think komi is better than p&p and it would be my recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Got my five year wedding anniversary coming up this summer--if you could eat one meal in DC, what would it be?
    Federalist Pig and nothing else is even close.