• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Red Hen is in regular rotation, and wouldn't be a huge treat. Would consider Masseria. Dunno that I've even heard of Tiger Fork, will look into that.

Queen's English is one I would push for my wife's bday.

Love Rasika too, but we've been a few times. We don't usually go for steakhouses but I've heard from lots of ppl that St Anselm is good!

Thanks for the recs. I think if I had to have one last meal in DC before I leave town it would still be Dabney.

tiger fork is monte, catty corner from the dabney, but i wouldn't describe it as upscale.

i really like st anselm, wouldn't have even thought to call it a steakhouse

i'm always impressed at how bad shaw tavern is.

i'm also expecting very little from the new italian place that is replacing bistro boehm

i'm always impressed at how bad shaw tavern is.

i'm also expecting very little from the new italian place that is replacing bistro boehm

Yeah, Shaw's Tavern is always meh. I still miss Bistro Bohem. It was my go-to place when people were visiting and we had a party of 8 or more and wanted to go to dinner and didn't have a reservation. Bohem always had that big table in the back for us.

There's not much on that stretch. RIP old Zenebech. And since COVID I haven't been to that cocktail bar in the basement or the rooftop El Techo. Right Proper's food is decent though.

I'll defs miss Bohem. It wasn't perfect, but a quick walk from home and always good food. The biggest negative was the atrociously slow service. It didn't bother us because we knew to expect it, but I always did chuckle when tourists or new people arrived and would get incensed and the staff would give zero fucks.

Shaw's could be soo much better than it is. I don't hate it as much as a lot of people I know, but my wife refuses to go there so I don't make it in very often. I like El Techo a lot. It's a fun place to do some day drinking.

This meme made the rounds. Got to say I want to check out Fight Club next time I make it up to DC.

191339319_10112472555186271_5869154129991332259_n.jpg

anniversary is 7/31, hoping most places that are gonna return will do so by mid-summer

don't think we'll do inn at little washington any time soon now that we've got a baby

have been to Tail Up Goat, Bresca, Dabney, Kinship, Little Pearl, and Rose's on the Michelin list

gravitas looks like a great suggestion, and i know you have brought it up several times dkn, so it's gotta be good

Why is a baby an obstacle to The Inn@LW?

We did Saund and Snyder and Sushi Taro's Kaiseki Box one week (it was a decadent week, lol). Although Saund and Snyder was great, the box from Sushi Taro was better.

I'm still scarred from the Kaiseki box I got from Sushi Taro back in April. I was super excited for it and it was truly awful.

Had dinner at Jont last night for the first time. Holy balls it was good. All of the food was incredible. My dude manning the wood-fire grill was doing some work. Highly recommend, though $buckets.

Tried to get reservations for July for our anniversary but they sold out fast.

Tried to get reservations for July for our anniversary but they sold out fast.

We tried as well but July sold out in 3 minutes, but when we were at Bresca last week for dinner we saw that our favorite waitress from Gravitas had moved over there, and the hostess was someone we know well from a couple other places over the years. The two of them both asked if we'd been to Jont and we lamented about how hard it and by the time we got home from dinner I had an email asking if we wanted to go to Jont on 6/16. We've gotten a lot of hookups over the years because we've always tried to get to know the staff at restaurants that we like.

That's great. Bresca is terrific too, though we haven't been since pre-pandemic. Our only places we get hookups are Midlands and St Vincent.

Checked out Imperfecto on Friday with some friends. Sat at the Chef's Table and it was fantastic. Definitely want to go back for the regular menu as well. Just wish it wasn't in West End because it's kind of a pain to get to. But we did walk to Blue Duck afterwards for more wine, so that was a bonus. Highly recommend checking it out.

i kinda like the smell of asparagus piss

meant to post on the chat thread -- don't care

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me one bit either. I also don't mind the smell of skunk.

Back