• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey, fellas, advice needed from a fellow webmaster on how to do something....

Will VT

Reaction score
We just launched new vBulletin boards on our VT web site, TechSideline.com, and I can't find the answer to a question you guys have obviously solved: Our boards, all 18 of them, all have "TechSideline.com | Forums" in the title bar -- nothing else, the same identical title bar. You can't tell what board you're on.

This might have to do with the fact that we're fetching our header from our CMS (WordPress), and not using the vBulletin header, but I digress.

Anyway, I've noticed that your boards all have the name of the board in the title bar. Is that an option you can control in vBulletin? Where do I find it?

Any help is appreciated, thanks. -- Will Stewart

I'd assume it's pulling from your content management system.

We set ours through vBulletin options and it worked fine.

Yup, probably pulling from Wordpress. Are you using any sort of Wordpress plugin to embed the forums?

Yup, probably pulling from Wordpress. Are you using any sort of Wordpress plugin to embed the forums?

No. We've got WP and vB running completely independent, except for bridging the logins (mostly unsuccessfully, haha) using aMember. We use WP menus to link to the vB boards.

I'm pretty sure that WP creates a header, and a cached version of that header is pulled over by vBulletin -- hence the lack of control we have over the title bar. I'll speak with the programmer.

Thanks for the help.

No. We've got WP and vB running completely independent, except for bridging the logins (mostly unsuccessfully, haha) using aMember. We use WP menus to link to the vB boards.

I'm pretty sure that WP creates a header, and a cached version of that header is pulled over by vBulletin -- hence the lack of control we have over the title bar. I'll speak with the programmer.

Thanks for the help.

I've never done a Wordpress/VBulletin site, so I'm not going to be all that helpful. If it's not embedded, I'm not sure why it's still pulling the header from WP. By not embedded, you mean that VBulletin is installed in it's own directory that you directly link to to access the forums (i.e. Vbulletin is installed at root\forums and you access it via domain.com/forums), right?

I guess I could just go look at the site myself. :thumbsup:

Back