• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Grilling Thread

My brother has an Uuni. He loves it and it seems pretty easy to use and get hot as hell. I have no more specifics than that but I have eaten the results which were top notch!

Grilled steaks using the reverse sear method last night on one of our kamados - can't believe I hadn't tried that before as they were terrific.

About to get in on this thread in a big way. The contractor is at my house right now installing the new gas line and our grill is getting delivered tomorrow morning. Super pumped.

Also holy shit I think I mentioned this when I went to check out the various options but I had no idea how expensive grills can get. The store we went to had several that were in the range of three or four thousand and at least one that was essentially a commercial kitchen that was over five grand. And that’s not including all the other stuff that you inevitably end up buying to go along with it.

Also holy shit I think I mentioned this when I went to check out the various options but I had no idea how expensive grills can get. The store we went to had several that were in the range of three or four thousand and at least one that was essentially a commercial kitchen that was over five grand. And that’s not including all the other stuff that you inevitably end up buying to go along with it.

I feel your pain. A few years back I posted on this thread looking for a fairly inexpensive charcoal grill and walked away with a $1500 gas grill.

My brother has an Uuni. He loves it and it seems pretty easy to use and get hot as hell. I have no more specifics than that but I have eaten the results which were top notch!

ditto.

...wait...

About to get in on this thread in a big way. The contractor is at my house right now installing the new gas line and our grill is getting delivered tomorrow morning. Super pumped.

getting the gas run to the grill was one of the best decisions we made when we moved in. That first nice day when you just want to make grilling happen, it's so wonderful not having to worry about propane tanks. Cost once the line's in is negligible, too. We grilled just about every day last summer and it was maybe $10-12 a month.

uuni just came out with a gas only version called the Koda that looks pretty cool; slightly lower price point so I might give it a go this summer.

getting the gas run to the grill was one of the best decisions we made when we moved in. That first nice day when you just want to make grilling happen, it's so wonderful not having to worry about propane tanks. Cost once the line's in is negligible, too. We grilled just about every day last summer and it was maybe $10-12 a month.

I’m converting an electric stove top to gas which originally was going to involve trenching in the yard and we planned on getting the direct hookup. Now we are going through the attic instead.

Grilled steaks using the reverse sear method last night on one of our kamados - can't believe I hadn't tried that before as they were terrific.

Best way I’ve found is to Sous vide them, then light a chimney of charcoals & just wear them right over top of the chimney for 30-60 seconds a side.

Tuna steaks for us tonight, seared on the grill. On the back porch. Pandora. With corn on the cob, salad, some wine.

Nice evening.

Peace, out.

We did filets. Sous vide finished in the cast iron.

Our new spot is going to be amazing for grilling purposes.

We typically do a filet Friday surf and turf. This week was a little different, we got to celebrate on Wednesday so we bumped it up a few days.

Been gettin' after it on the BGE over the last month with the warmer weather. Also built a new home for the egg. (sorry for the pic sizing)

IMG-0133.jpg

IMG-1778.jpg

03-Dcz-Wb4-Ts24-EXtqtpm-JVQ.jpg

IMG-0318.jpg

e-W8l16-SVTqi-Lq-YMZfx2dtg.jpg

Back