• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New, semi-interesting article on Skeen

KidA23

Reaction score
From the Chicago Tribune (dated 4/1):

When Jamie Skeen left Wake Forest, four other basketball programs offered him lifelines: Marquette, Seton Hall and South Florida of the Big East, and VCU.

"I thought all those other schools were better than VCU," Skeen said. "But I saw VCU as having a better future."

. . .

Skeen took the long road to VCU. North Carolina's Mr. Basketball as a junior, he signed with Wake Forest over Florida, Clemson and North Carolina State, and started 24 games as a freshman.

But a knee injury curtailed Skeen's sophomore season, after which Wake Forest placed him on academic suspension. Rather than reapply to Wake, which the school said he was welcome to do, Skeen transferred.

"Wake Forest wasn't a bad place to play basketball," he said. "(But) the campus life here at VCU is much better than Wake Forest. Wake Forest only has like 5,000 students. My high school had almost 5,000 students. …

"VCU has two campuses and 33,000 students. I don't see the same people every day walking to class. (At Wake) it was like that movie, 'Groundhog Day,' and you just see the same people every day. It just got a little old
."

Link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...er-vcu-ncaa-tournamen20110401,0,7835522.story

Wasn't he caught cheating on a test?

I believe that is the basis for him being placed on "academic suspension" by Wake, as mentioned in the article. One thing I found interesting is that we (apparently) invited him to reapply to continue at Wake and that he declined.

I hope he continues to have a good tournament.

Did you know that RJkarl predicted Jamie Skeen would be in a FF? Isn't that something?

Caturday said:
Did you know that RJkarl predicted Jamie Skeen would be in a FF? Isn't that something?

Had he not been hurt, he would have been a damn good player for us. He's more than demonstrated his ability over the course of this season.

I wish Jamie continued success. I will be pulling for VCU today (and Monday, I hope).

He obviously still has a few hard feelings toward WF which is too bad. Hope he can put those behind him as he moves forward.

I wish Jamie continued success. I will be pulling for VCU today (and Monday, I hope).

He obviously still has a few hard feelings toward WF which is too bad. Hope he can put those behind him as he moves forward.

He realized after some time at Wake that he would be better served in a larger environment. How does that constitute hard feelings? Different people can enjoy different social settings without it being an insult to any of them.

I thought correctly:

03-31-2011, 03:53 PM * #140
90sdeac
A.W. Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacvision7
People are just picking nits trying to knock back my BOI, Shaka Smart. About to go on a neg repping rampage in his honor.

Did Anthony Grant take these players to the Final Four?
I know I'm new to these types of forums, but I thought Moderators were supposed to be above such childish actions.

True all that. We don not have that many students so you either see everybody every single Monday-Wednesday-Friday or you go to a big school where you can blend in.

I am glad to see Jamie doing well in his final season. It must be a thrill to be at the Final Four

I thought I had posted this, but it it didn't show up.

Marquee, everybody, his brother and his sister posted on th other board what the reason was for Jamie's suspension.

This is nothnig new.

I thought I had posted this, but it it didn't show up.

Marquee, everybody, his brother and his sister posted on th other board what the reason was for Jamie's suspension.

This is nothnig new.

RJ brings the gospel, he's correct

Iris, don't know what you're laughing at (other than my typing).

What Marquee said was blatantly inaccurate.

Back