• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Times Have You Been High?

Every time my wife and I host a party, we ask that people bring a dish to pass. One of our friends always brings really weird shit. For example, one time he made Spam and Spaghetti-O sliders. They were disgusting.

On Saturday we had a Halloween party. He brought a gallon of milk and a box each of Count Chocula, Boo Berry and Franken Berry, which went uneaten. As of tonight, there's only about half of one box left. I hate him so very, very much right now.

Our office manager started ordering drum sticks for the office recently. It's the worst possible thing for my health. I just can't resist the 2pm drum stick to gimme the sugar rush I need to stay awake from 2-3.

All I do at work is drink wine and beer and eat drum sticks and get free lunch. Woe is me.

Every time my wife and I host a party, we ask that people bring a dish to pass. One of our friends always brings really weird shit. For example, one time he made Spam and Spaghetti-O sliders. They were disgusting.

On Saturday we had a Halloween party. He brought a gallon of milk and a box each of Count Chocula, Boo Berry and Franken Berry, which went uneaten. As of tonight, there's only about half of one box left. I hate him so very, very much right now.

This guy sounds hilarious.

All I do at work is drink wine and beer and eat drum sticks and get free lunch. Woe is me.

By the time I get around to that 2pm snack, I've been at work for 8 hours most days.

By the time I get around to opening a beer, I've been at work for 12 hours.

Lunch is only free on Fridays, unfortunately. It's also the only day I take a lunch break longer than 10 minutes.

I am thinking bong rip today. I never take bong rips anymore, but for some reason, right now, I am feeling the urge to break out my shitty clear, blue, plastic bong with a leak in it and a bumper sticker along the side that says "Don't Fear the Reefer." Hour and a half to go.

Tomorrow I will eat my last cracker and perhaps bike up to town to bar hop and go hear Kingsbury Manx at 506.

Why the self loathing for wanting a bong hit? I no longer have a way to pull tubes, but would very much prefer KB via bong than bowl. Either way its KB, but there is something about an ice cold KB tube that is second to none...kind of like a York peppermint patty type sensation.

I am thinking bong rip today. I never take bong rips anymore, but for some reason, right now, I am feeling the urge to break out my shitty clear, blue, plastic bong with a leak in it and a bumper sticker along the side that says "Don't Fear the Reefer." Hour and a half to go.

Tomorrow I will eat my last cracker and perhaps bike up to town to bar hop and go hear Kingsbury Manx at 506.

Haha do you normally smoke blunts or bowls?

Why the self loathing for wanting a bong hit? I no longer have a way to pull tubes, but would very much prefer KB via bong than bowl. Either way its KB, but there is something about an ice cold KB tube that is second to none...kind of like a York peppermint patty type sensation.

Yep, gonna defs ice this shit. No self-loathing here, I am kind of excited about it -- I just have a shitty piece.

Numbers -- bowls, occasional j and food. Blunts fuck with my head.

And yeah...ice the bong for sure if you hit it, always more enjoyable. Most people I know hit bowls pretty exclusively but will still hit the bong or toke a blunt if coerced.

When you think about it, food back in the day must have really sucked that there were people willing to sail around the entire goddamn world looking for cinnamon and spices and stuff. I mean, I like cinnamon and all, but I would not want to live on a boat for 5 years and probably die of dysentery for it.

I leave you with this youtube video and the knowledge that I can do a pretty tight impersonation of Rowlf the Dog:

Ice is for babies? Woman pleeeasssee. Go ahead and choke that shit off early like you gagging on something. I will be quiet, still and solitary. And the world will freely offer itself to me unmasked. It has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at my feet.

MINGUS'S 5-STAR RAPTUROUS DEADLY HOLIDAY EGGNOG!!

* Separate one egg for one person. Each person gets an egg.
* Two sugars for each egg, each person.
* One shot of rum, one shot of brandy per person.
* Put all the yolks into one big pan, with some milk.
* That's where the 151 proof rum goes. Put it in gradually or it'll burn the eggs,
* OK. The whites are separate and the cream is separate.
* In another pot-- depending on how many people-- put in one shot of each, rum and brandy. (This is after you whip your whites and your cream.)
* Pour it over the top of the milk and yolks.
* One teaspoon of sugar. Brandy and rum.
* Actually you mix it all together.
* Yes, a lot of nutmeg. Fresh nutmeg. And stir it up.
* You don't need ice cream unless you've got people coming and you need to keep it cold. Vanilla ice cream. You can use eggnog. I use vanilla ice cream.
* Right, taste for flavor. Bourbon? I use Jamaica Rum in there. Jamaican Rums. Or I'll put rye in it. Scotch. It depends.
See, it depends on how drunk I get while I'm tasting it.
--Charles Mingus

Also, I meant to report last weekend but got strong and grooved to DSO last Friday. They played Hampton '89 night one if you are familiar with the box set. Al Franken was there and introduced the band.

Back