• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Times Have You Been High?

please come forward whoever made the tag "frozenpizzafromsundry" so that I may posrep you

Pseudoephedrine really is a wonder drug. It sucks that tweakers made it all hard to get and stuff (they killed Nyquil entirely!), 'cause that stuff straight clears out your nose. Best cold medicine ever.

I was at the gym this morning. Sportscenter was on TV and the closed captioning was on. There was a segment comparing Drew Brees to Dan Marino. Only, on the closed captioning, they spelled Dan Marino's name as "Dan Are Marijuana." True story.

I played golf recently with a friend-of-a-friend that had been up partying for three straight days. No sleep. He was a little off his rocker at the time...in a good way. I wish el chupe American Hero had been there, they could have at least talked inventory. Or music. The stuff it takes to keep that train running is impressive, and a bit scary.

What up balldicks?

It is way too damn hot outside right now. I just got back from walking the dogs, and I'm legit sweaty. Gross. Got that thing where the back of my knees are sweaty. Gross. Gross.

Speaking of, for my birthday I got a new headlamp-style flashlight. Pretty convenient, because I've got 2 dogs, so my hands are already full with leashes and bags of dogshit and whatnot, so it's nice to not have to carry a flashlight. The downside is that I'm sure I look like a huge goober. But, I'm old now, so who cares? Pretty sure the middle age ladies in my 'hood would still bang me.

Don't know about you guys, but when I drink after getting sufficiently strong, I get real loopy. I remember one time a while back I did that back in the day late night and ended up popping in the Muppet Movie at like 3 am and thinking it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen in my life.

Last night, one of my dogs barfed in the middle of my bed like 5 minutes before Mrs. Say Hey Deac and I were getting ready to go to sleep. No biggie, right? WRONG. This puke had some liquid to it, which ended up soaking a spot through our comforter, the sheets underneath, and then into the feather mattress cover. Had to change the bed and take off the comforter and mattress cover. Of course that shit has to be professionally cleaned. So I take it in this morning, and it's gonna take a WEEK to clean it. So it's finally Christmas vacation week and I can sleep a bit extra, only my bed ain't operating at 100% comfort. Lame. Lame. Lame. But what can you do?

Also, this is some SHIT. Vaguely horrifying, but also funny in a strange way:

:laugh: This is really why I missed these boards. Posts like that.

Was that turtle making that noise!?

My question is how many times did cookout get high while trying to solve the board problem?

Hahaha, I'm actually on vacation w/ the family right now, so not much sadly.

i can't stand it when those videos end before the guy finishes. its like, I know how its going to end, but I want/need to see it anyway.

ETA :nohomo

Last edited:
Has anyone else had just crazy vivid dreams after quitting for a while? I've been home for break and haven't burned at all and for the last several nights I've been having really intense dreams. I googled it, and this is a symptom of withdrawal. Not only are these dreams really intense and long in duration, but I can easily remember them throughout the day, which almost never happens.

One of the dreams I had last night involved me participating in some kind of marathon, only while you were running you had to eat hotdogs and drink pints of beer. Every runner had a hotdog/beer cart they had to run beside for refills and redogs. Weird. This one might have been inspired by a couple of episodes of "Man vs. Food" that I watched with the parents last night.

Has anyone else had just crazy vivid dreams after quitting for a while? I've been home for break and haven't burned at all and for the last several nights I've been having really intense dreams. I googled it, and this is a symptom of withdrawal. Not only are these dreams really intense and long in duration, but I can easily remember them throughout the day, which almost never happens.

One of the dreams I had last night involved me participating in some kind of marathon, only while you were running you had to eat hotdogs and drink pints of beer. Every runner had a hotdog/beer cart they had to run beside for refills and redogs. Weird. This one might have been inspired by a couple of episodes of "Man vs. Food" that I watched with the parents last night.

welcome to my life. cheese LOVES when i recount my dreams.

basically you don't dream when you're high, or at least don't remember your dreams. when you stop, the dreams are MONTE. almost as good as percocet dreams

I only remember having one dream when I was high. It was back when I first started, and one of the only times I've ever burned and then went straight to sleep (I think it's a waste). I'll never forget this one.

I was standing in a green pasture, surrounded by mountains. It was a perfect day, and I can still remember feeling how warm the sun was on my face. I looked up into the sky, and fell backwards onto the soft grass. As I watched the clouds above me float around, they began to move and twist into a funnel, and before I knew it I was directly under a forming tornado. I stood up to run, but as I looked directly up into the funnel I felt completely at ease, and I was slowly pulled upward into the heart of the cyclone. The speed at which I was rising began to quicken, and soon I was completely immersed in the tornado. The walls of the cyclone caught fire, and as I approached the top of the cloud, I could feel myself rising faster and faster. The last thing I remember is being shot out of the top of the funnel, and seeing the earth beneath me. That's when I woke up.

I was pretty much convinced that this was a sign from God. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I was having dreams like that when i was home for a few weeks too.

Also, I had some nilla wafers at lunch today and they are so much better when you are high, like infinitely better. Usually I get high and eat them and drink coke, but i needed extra lunch stuff. I will never be able to eat those things when im not high ever again.

Several years ago, I read a blurb in a Chuck Klosterman Esquire column about Bill Romanowski's advocacy of magnesium for dreaming. Actually, I just found it:

"Bill Romanowski's Secret to a Good Night's Sleep

During his sixteen-year NFL career, Bill Romanowski was a world-class hitting machine, a maniacal workaholic, and something of a jerk. (He once spit in the face of receiver J. J. Stokes for no apparent reason.) After he retired, he wrote his autobiography, Romo, which I happened to read on an airplane. And--much to my surprise--I actually learned something from this book that has improved my life.

Much of Romo chronicles Romanowski's longtime obsession with minerals, vitamins, Supac, trauma IVs, acupuncture, and pretty much anything else he believed might give him a competitive edge. (This included a questionable relationship with BALCO.) One of these supplements was over-the-counter magnesium, which is supposed to help you sleep and dream. Romanowski started taking magnesium supplements in 1995. "From then on," writes Romo, "my dreams were so real and so vivid that the only way I can describe it is this: It was as if the rare dreams I had [in the past] were broadcast in black-and-white. The new ones were being transmitted in high-definition TV."

Amazingly, this seems to be a very real phenomenon. I've started "mag loading" before going to bed, and my dreams have become memorable, dynamic, and beautiful; taking magnesium is akin to ingesting Michel Gondry in tablet form. In fact, my dreamscape changed so rapidly that I wonder if it's mostly psychosomatic. Which, I suppose, would be just as good, since that's mostly what dreaming is anyway."

http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1206KLOSTERMAN_102#ixzz1in4Ha64x

I occasionally drop some magnesium before bed (mostly when I've been working out hard, because it helps with muscle cramps), but I can't say I've really noticed any difference in dreaming. I have had some pretty good dreaming nights after taking magnesium, but it could just be a coincidence. Someone should do a study on this.

How is Wilford Brimely still alive? The dude was like 80 years old when he was on that Life Goes On show with Corky and that was at least 20 years ago.

Back