• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Inagural Pit Trader Joe's Thread

The chocolate french toast is horrible. Probably the first big miss I've gotten from TJs.

made my first big TJs run in a while yesterday; forgot about so many good ones (vegetable gyoza, yellow curry, apricot mango yogurt). i won't wait so long to go back.

I thought this was more unlikely than Jeff Bzdeldick getting fired.. Maybe we are on to something!

I haven't ever purchased anything except for bananas and teddy grahams at a trader joe's.

Can somebody give me the run down - how is it different than, say, whole foods?

I haven't ever purchased anything except for bananas and teddy grahams at a trader joe's.

Significantly less $$ than Whole Paycheck. Mostly TJ's brand items, but not entirely. To me, the primary difference (other than cost) is that Whole Foods feels very upper middle class and stuffy, while TJ's is just fun.

they're pretty different. whole foods is a complete supermarket that focuses on healthy and/or organic products. trader joe's finds offbrand but quality items and is kind of quirky. TJ's main aisle (at least for me) is the frozen food section, where you can buy all kinds of tight frozen meals for one or two. tj's does certain items really well and affordable like cheese, wine, and snacks. Their produce and meat typically range from average to overpriced.

Hit up TJs for the first time in a while today. Got the Triple Ginger Snaps...those things are tasty!

Also got some Sweet and Hot Mustard that the cashier said was awesome. Looking forward to trying that and the Dark Chocolate bar with Caramel and Black Sea Salt. Nom nom nom.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2012/03/12/construction-on-trader-joes-is-underway.html

post-TraderJoesWinstonSalem.jpg

Yes Yes YES YESSSS.

I wonder how long it's gonna take them to finish re-doing that space.

Back