• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Inagural Pit Trader Joe's Thread

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
I know there was one about coffee earlier, but it doesn't count.

Here we discuss our favorite TJ items, especially ones that have been recently introduced.

I don't remember the exact item (or if it was local), but they had this frozen Tuna steak which was super cheap with a bunch of spices. That medium rare was one of the finest meals I've had.

Their winter ales are often very good and affordable. I love the tomato soup and the black bean soup.

I don't remember the exact item (or if it was local), but they had this frozen Tuna steak which was super cheap with a bunch of spices. That medium rare was one of the finest meals I've had.

"foodie"
;)

Their winter ales are often very good and affordable. I love the tomato soup and the black bean soup.

While Whole Foods is considerably more expensive, I prefer their soups to the ones at Trader Joes.

The seafood at Whole foods is better too, but not enough to outweigh the costs. Trader Joes is the place to go for Seafood

Don't know how regional it is, but they carry Boont Amber Ale which is one of my favorites.

Dark chocolate covered pretzels in the freezer aisle. Sick.

The Guilt-Free brownie mix. Awesome.
Their greek yogurt (especially nonfat vanilla).
Honey Almond Granola.
Any of the chicken sausages (especially sweet italian)
Cheeses.

I sliced up some of their hofbrau sausages to throw in spaghetti sauce tonight. delicious.

Their chewy granola bars are PHENOMENAL.

They have some tofu chorizo that is very good. Most of their meatless products are good, as is the hummus.

I have been impressed with their seafood as well. Had some sword fish steaks a few weeks ago that were delicious off the grill.

Stockyard Stout at $5.99

The little dwarf potatoes in the produce section are baller.

They have some kind of Cashew Caramel cookies that are BOSS. I can't buy them anymore because I end up eating the whole tub in 2 or 3 days

^ In the yellow mesh bag? OFY. Olive oil, sea salt, pepper, roast dem bitches.

Those are the ones and that is exactly how I cook them....sometimes I will throw some herbs on the.

Last time I went I bought a new product - parathas (a south Indian bread). They really hit a home run with it, it's totally authentic.

I also bought a product I'd put on the "don't buy" list but I don't remember what it was.

oh, I also got some Sweet Potato Gnocchi from the freezer section recently. I'm not sure if it's new, but I hadn't seen it before. It's fantastic.

Back