• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

A sad day in Charleston as the Yo Burrito on Wentworth St. will be shutting its doors at the end of the week. First Andolinis and now this.

Andolinis is still open in Mount Pleasant and West Ashley

True but the one downtown was the original so that was my point. They also closed the one on James Island.

The guys who started Andolinis wanted to scale back...in addition real estate got to pricy downtown.

The guys who started Andolinis wanted to scale back...in addition real estate got to pricy downtown.

That's what I figured. Have heard they are looking to relocate the Yo Burrito.

I'm heading down for a wedding in November. I'm thinking of going down a few days early, getting in either Tuesday night or sometime Wednesday then driving back on Sunday. Food seems pretty well covered....but what else would I be doing? Is this a good idea? Speak to me like I know literally nothing.

Going for a farewell dinner at Tristan tonight, should be a good time.

How far in advance should I make weekend reservations for the more popular restaurants? We're visiting at end of May.

How far in advance should I make weekend reservations for the more popular restaurants? We're visiting at end of May.

Sooner rather than later, hit some of the hot spots on week nights if you can.

i might live there by then we can party

ruh-roh

I'd have plans all day Saturday obviously and probably Friday night (maybe all day? I dunno), but don't know if anybody else will make the trip early with me or not

Now Butthead. I just checked Husk on opentable for Friday, May 30 and you can go before 7 or after 9.

But FIG only books four weeks out. I think the same is true at The Ordinary.

but seriously, what is there to do? There's a serious lack of posts touching on the "attractions" part of the title. Go to the beach? Shop downtown? Museums with local flavor?

Do you have a girlfriend? Take her shopping, get a few drinks in her, bang her with the windows open. Then take her to a nice dinner. That's what Charleston's for.

You can also go to the beach, hang out on the battleship, go out on a boat, visit a plantation, or visit a historic home.

Just do anything that will allow your broad to shop or look at the architecture.

Now Butthead. I just checked Husk on opentable for Friday, May 30 and you can go before 7 or after 9.

But FIG only books four weeks out. I think the same is true at The Ordinary.

I called the day we could get FIG reservations and had no trouble, but the girl taking reservations said if I had waited a day they'd have been booked. HUSK was totally worth going early or late (and FIG too)

Wife planned a random trip to Charleston this wknd. Husk is pretty much out of the equation. FIG and The Ordinary have first come first serve bar seating so hopefully we can eat at one of these places tomorrow night.

Wife planned a random trip to Charleston this wknd. Husk is pretty much out of the equation. FIG and The Ordinary have first come first serve bar seating so hopefully we can eat at one of these places tomorrow night.

You can always try Husk for lunch and if that's a no go, the bar is really cool, worthy of a visit independent of the main restaurant. Good luck and enjoy the weekend!

You can always try Husk for lunch and if that's a no go, the bar is really cool, worthy of a visit independent of the main restaurant. Good luck and enjoy the weekend!

Agree, the HUSK bar is awesome.

Good luck though freaka! Super jelly.

Back