• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

Final Beard nominations:

Outstanding Chef
Sean Brock, Husk, Charleston, SC

Outstanding Wine Program
FIG, Charleston, SC
McCrady's, Charleston, SC

Best Chef: Southeast
Jason Stanhope, FIG, Charleston, SC

Who’s Who of Food & Beverage in America
Nathalie Dupree
Cookbook Author and Television Personality
Charleston, SC

Book Awards - American Cooking
Heritage - Sean Brock (Artisan)

Minero moved next door to a larger space

1987 ish Sigma Chi I think.

Was that the first of all the Wet Willies?

Will be visiting Charleston for the first time since childhood for a wedding in June.

Question for the Quad: We'll be flying in to CHS and staying in the historic district for a long weekend; do I need to rent a car, or should I just take Uber/cabs and plan to walk for most sightseeing/dining? Thanks!

Been living in CHS for many years. Rent a car, lot more to offer than the historic district. May want to visit the plantations, Sullivans Is. IOP, Mount Pleasant, Folly Beach, Kiawah, McClleanville. Temps that time of year can range from pleasant to severe heat and humidity.

Last edited:
Haha thanks both, though conflicting reports say the least :cool:

They're both right.

Assuming you're flying in on Friday, have the wedding on Saturday, and are leaving on Sunday you probably don't have enough time to explore off the peninsula, so no car should be fine. Now, if you're adamant about going to the beach or something like that, then you might want to consider it.

Will be visiting Charleston for the first time since childhood for a wedding in June.

Question for the Quad: We'll be flying in to CHS and staying in the historic district for a long weekend; do I need to rent a car, or should I just take Uber/cabs and plan to walk for most sightseeing/dining? Thanks!

Nope. Ubers will get you where you want to go, even if you're going to Sullivan's or Folly.

Uber is cheap as hell here. Between the rental and parking at the hotel it wouldn't be much more to be driven around in some guys 2008 Camry. The only ride much more than $20 would be Kiawah

Whoops, typed too slow.

In happy hour news, we've hit Minero a few times in the past month, drinks aren't a fantastic deal but quac, wings or fundido for 5 bones each is a cheap delicious fillup. McCradys just started HH too, must be pretty slow.

I heard 5 Church got 2 stars. Pretty surprising, I enjoyed it in Charlotte

You can park in the city owned lots for pretty cheap if you decide to rent a car. If you're only going to be there Friday through Sunday, definitely don't rent a car.

Great feedback, much appreciated. We will be there Friday - Monday, with the wedding on taking up most of Saturday. Doubt the beach or other islands are in the cards for us at this point, though I might keep my car rental reservation until we solidify our plans.

We are staying at the Grand Bohemian Hotel, anyone know anything about this place? It appears to be brand new, got good reviews on TA & we got a really good deal because of the Sunday night stay-over. I was shocked at how expensive the hotels are in the historic district & felt fortunate to find the deal that I did. Given the short amount of time that we'll be there and that good food & some historical sightseeing are probably most important to us, is it worth it to stay in the historic district?

Last edited:
Opened a few months ago. Sweet art everywhere. It has a rooftop resto/bar that should be packed in June.

Yeah, the historical district is the main appeal of the area.

Back