• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

Moving to Chucktown at the end of May. Heading down there this weekend to look for housing in the Charleston downtown area.

Shit's expensive compared to Winston.

Probably has something to do with everyone wanting to live in Charleston and no one wanting to live in Winston. Also, water creates a natural expansion barrier.

mj9k6.jpg

And, what Biff said.

Went to Pancito and Lefty's last week and left pretty disappointed. Definitely prefer Minero but have had a couple subpar meals there in a row.

John Lewis (of Lewis BBQ) is opening his texmex place called Juan Luis this week. It's in a new foodhall on the upper peninsula with every other great new restaurant. John himself was working the register of his booth at a musical festival last weekend. Such a man of the people.

Finally made it to Lewis BBQ last week. So good. Drinks were expensive though.

The gf and I are going down for a weekend to visit friends. Im going to get a hotel room one night for a little romantic evening. Any recs for a hotel downtown?

The gf and I are going down for a weekend to visit friends. Im going to get a hotel room one night for a little romantic evening. Any recs for a hotel downtown?

Depends how much you are trying to pay. Charleston Place and Market Pavilion are both great, but not cheap.

Gotta recommend Sorghum and Salt. Went there over Memorial Day. Was great.

Sean Brock has left all of Charleston and other Husk restaurants to focus on what's going on in Nashville (though not the Husk there)

https://charleston.eater.com/2018/8/1/17640158/chef-sean-brock-nashville

I went to Husk Charleston twice (well the second time was just the bar food) and was thoroughly impressed. We were staying at the Mills House so it was literally 200 ft from our room. We were going to give it a try regardless based on Anthony Bourdain and Bill Murray eating there.

You can find a good meal in Charleston by closing your eyes, spinning around and pointing in any direction. I still haven't been, but I don't see that anyone has mentioned Rodney Scott won the James Beard award this year for Best Chef Southeast.

You can find a good meal in Charleston by closing your eyes, spinning around and pointing in any direction. I still haven't been, but I don't see that anyone has mentioned Rodney Scott won the James Beard award this year for Best Chef Southeast.

I’ve been. It’s great. I keep being pulled back to Lewis BBQ though because the brisket is so good.

Went to FIG last night for birthday dinner.

Back