• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

Ehh, Fleet Landing is just touristy. Nice views and whatnot, but don't expect to be overly impressed by the food, though it's not bad.

I'd choose Mags over Hanks.

So if we're gonna eat late one night, Hank's or Magnolia's then? I also may try to pull the family friend card at FIG and see if she can hook me up.

I prefer Hank's to Magnolias, but since you've got Cookout's vote for Magnolias, you could look at it this way.

If you want seafood, Hanks.
If you want high end southern, Magnolias.

So if we're gonna eat late one night, Hank's or Magnolia's then? I also may try to pull the family friend card at FIG and see if she can hook me up.

Good luck. It would be totally worth it if you can pull a table.

I prefer Hank's to Magnolias, but since you've got Cookout's vote for Magnolias, you could look at it this way.

If you want seafood, Hanks.
If you want high end southern, Magnolias.

:werd: But Mag's has some very good seafood dishes fwiw. Just fancier.

I ate at this place called Cru Cafe that I thought was really good.

Cru Cafe is solid. Also, want to comment on people bringing up Fleet Landing. Definitely touristy, but a good spot to have a drink at the bar overlooking the water. Food is average and overpriced and service is terrible so don't go there in my opinion.

Live in chuck town and Hall's is the best place ive eaten here. Liked the oku tip as they have great sushi and a cool vibe in there. You really cant go will wrong in this town. One thing i would not miss though is the Big Nasty at Hominy grill. That thing is the tits.

Hall's is one of the best places in town. Good owners and a great chef. Husk is good, but I don't think it's as good as all the hype I've seen of it. Magnolia's is always solid. It all depends what you want. There are a lot of good suggestions already. Fleets Landing is a tourist trap though, and I would avoid it if you can. Amen Street is good if you like oysters. Oku has good sushi, but Shi Ki is by far my favorite purely for sushi, but Oku has a better atmosphere. Basil is the best thai in town. I went to Grill 225 but really wasn't impressed. It was a while ago though, so they may have gotten their act together. It really depends what you are looking for.

Live in chuck town and Hall's is the best place ive eaten here. Liked the oku tip as they have great sushi and a cool vibe in there. You really cant go will wrong in this town. One thing i would not miss though is the Big Nasty at Hominy grill. That thing is the tits.

Really? I mean it's definitely a top tier restaurant, but I think Grill 225 is better for steaks and portion size. I ate at Hall's last weekend and Grill 225 this past weekend and the steak was definitely better at Grill 225. I would also put at least 6 other restaurants above Hall's if not more including FIG and Tristan just to name a few.

I hear they have a cute little container port. Hopefully, you'll be able to see a ship while you're down there.

Ended up getting a table at FIG at 7:30 on a Saturday night somehow when we went. It was definitely a top 5 meal ever for me. Had lamb bolognaise (sp?) gnocchi as an appetizer and rare wagu beef tenderloin with potato puree and braised carrots. They braised the carrots in duck fat, and they were about the most delicious things I've eaten. I don't normally really even like carrots.

Yeah, it's awesome. Get there in time to have a bourbon drink or two at the bar, which is in the house next door.

I'm going to Charleston this weekend for a bachelorette party and we have reservations at Cypress. Looking forward to it.

We're staying out in Isle of Palms so we probably won't be having many other meals in Charleston itself, but the weather is looking pretty good for the weekend so I'm excited to just wander during the day/after dinner and have some nice drinks around town.

I'm going to Charleston this weekend for a bachelorette party and we have reservations at Cypress. Looking forward to it.

We're staying out in Isle of Palms so we probably won't be having many other meals in Charleston itself, but the weather is looking pretty good for the weekend so I'm excited to just wander during the day/after dinner and have some nice drinks around town.

I've said it once (probably on this thread) but I'll say it again
Cypress is my favorite restaurant of all time, anywhere. I've been to all the Charleston hot spots and they're all great, but Cypress, for some reason, is just a hair better than the rest.
Their oyster/sashimi tuna appetizer might be the best thing I've ever eaten.

Back