• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

I want to try Fig, but the earliest I could get in was like April 15, or at least that's what my girl told me when she called. Maybe she is a lying skank.

Check open table, bro. I looked last night and they had openings for early and late seatings 5/5:30 and after 9

Just booked a table at Husk for 7/5, Hank's on 7/4 and are deciding between Cypress and Fig for the 6th.

Have heard good things about a new spot called the Craftsmen on Cumberland Street. Tons of beer on tap and good pub food. Planning to check it out in June.

We went to Hank's a couple years ago. Good spot. Make sure you get the Seafood Tower.
We hit Cypress last year. Great spot. Highly recommmend.
We're going to Husk this year. Fired up for that.

Have heard good things about a new spot called the Craftsmen on Cumberland Street. Tons of beer on tap and good pub food. Planning to check it out in June.

We went to Hank's a couple years ago. Good spot. Make sure you get the Seafood Tower.
We hit Cypress last year. Great spot. Highly recommmend.
We're going to Husk this year. Fired up for that.

I went to the Craftsman last week; thought it was just ok. The food was good and fairly well executed, but not particularly memorable. YMMV.

Even if we wanted one place that was pretty much just straight up seafood for one night?

If you want a seafood night, go with Hanks; all of my meals there have been exceptional. Or you could try to get in at The Ordinary (same culinary team as FIG).

I'd pick FIG over Cypress, but they're both really good restaurants.

If you want a seafood night, go with Hanks; all of my meals there have been exceptional. Or you could try to get in at The Ordinary (same culinary team as FIG).

I'd pick FIG over Cypress, but they're both really good restaurants.
Agree on all accounts here. Hit The Ordinary if you want straight seafood night. But you will be happy with any combo of the four or five you have in mind. Heard great things about the Ordinary and if it has anything to do with the folks at FIG, it will be great. I actually like FIG more than Husk and that is saying something.

this probably was said months ago, but if you like coconut cake you must go to the Planters Inn and try theirs. It is amazing.

FIG doesn't take reservations more than 30 days out, which reminds me I need to set myself a reminder for a couple of weeks from now to make a reservation.

FIG doesn't take reservations more than 30 days out, which reminds me I need to set myself a reminder for a couple of weeks from now to make a reservation.

This is what I did yesterday. We booked Cypress to have it in the back pocket, but it's on my calendar to book Fig and dump Cypress in a few weeks

You might want to get ready early and visit the bars at McCrady's and Cypress. Then go to FIG for an 8:00 reservation. Or you could do the rooftop bars at Vendue Inn and Market Pavilion.

We could not get anything earlier than a 9:00 at Fig. We showed up early hoping someone canceled and sat down at the bar. Ended up eating there. It was actually great because it is not really a bar scene, so you had two waiters (the bartenders) giving great service and recs. gotta go back in June.

Back