• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

You might want to get ready early and visit the bars at McCrady's and Cypress. Then go to FIG for an 8:00 reservation. Or you could do the rooftop bars at Vendue Inn and Market Pavilion.

You should be our personal trip planner, HP.

The rooftop bar at Market Pavilion is a very short walk away from Hanks, Cypress and FIG (all within a 1/2 mile or less). Vendue's rooftop is a dive by comparison, but they both have great views. If you go to the bar at McCrady's, they have excellent small bites / bar snacks on the cheap, so plan your visit accordingly if you go there before any of your meals.

Yeah, but for an under 30 crowd, Vendue is fine, imo. You might wind up hanging with 50 and 60 year olds at Market Pavilion in the early evening, NTTAWWT.

Ok, we now have reservations at Hanks for the 4th, Husk on the 5th and both FIG and Cypress on the 6th...which of the last 2 should I cancel?

Want you folks to know that His Honor, the Hon. Mayor Joe P. Riley really appreciates your patronage @ his cities fine purveyors of culinary delight. Next time you receive a bill while imbibing pay close attention to the sales tax the honorable Mayor has imposed over the last 24 mos. Rounds off to 12% on the $...BTW, most of the senior restaurant owners detest this tax and fought against implementation...Bon Appetit!

Hitting up the Craftsmen tomorrow night, Queen Street Grocery for brunch Saturday morning, and Husk on Wednesday night. Ready to roll.

DSD - looking forward to tying one on Saturday night in IOP or Sullivan's - Windjammer, perhaps?

Hitting up the Craftsmen tomorrow night, Queen Street Grocery for brunch Saturday morning, and Husk on Wednesday night. Ready to roll.

DSD - looking forward to tying one on Saturday night in IOP or Sullivan's - Windjammer, perhaps?

Maybe Cowboy mouth will be playing???!!!??? Redneck it out.

Ok, we now have reservations at Hanks for the 4th, Husk on the 5th and both FIG and Cypress on the 6th...which of the last 2 should I cancel?

Yeah out of that group cancel Cypress.

I'm dying to go to that place. Have you been yet and does it live up to the hype?

I left work early to go opening day because I was so excited. I've been back since and it's awesome. Absolutely lives up to the hype, but the thing about it is that I believe it has staying power. After the next couple of blockbusters come along, I think The Ordinary will still be kicking ass - just like Lata has done with FIG.

Nice combo. I just picked up reservations at the Ordinary for next week....really need to get back to the Macintosh myself.

Wife and I went to Macintosh in May. Ended up getting the entire meal, drinks, and bottle of vino for free because the service sucked so bad. Waiter would not even come back to our table because he knew he had fucked up so bad. The hostess came and gave it to us for free. Then, as we were standing outside trying to determine our next move, the manager (maybe owner) came out and talked to us for ten minutes or so. He did not make excuses just said he would appreciate if we gave them another chance. Gave me a card and wrote a note on it to ask for him when we came back. A little goes a long way.

Awesome meal at The McIntosh on Sunday. I had Rudderfish, two had th. Deckle, and one Grouper.

Getting psyched up for The Ordinary tonight.

Back