• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VOTE AGAINST

You are not looking carefully enough. I've seen dozens of bumper stickers, magnets and yard signs supporting your side/position.

You are not looking carefully enough. I've seen dozens of bumper stickers, magnets and yard signs supporting your side/position.

I haven't. I had ten dollars in my pocket and a hungry stomach so I went to the K&W. I have seen numerous vote no signs in affluent neighborhoods.

Last edited:
When the official explanation of the amendment twice admits that courts will ultimately have to decide exactly what the amendment was intended to cover, you know you have an exceptionally well-drafted piece of legislation, that's for sure.

Professional vote yes signs beginning to be seen now.

So what happens when they get the ballot and only see "For" and "Against"?

I guess they will ask the poll precinct rep what to do. So will the ones with no signs in their yards.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure that Jesus forbade divorce. When will the sin of divorce be constitutionally forbidden in the name of "community standards"?

Im pretty sure that Jesus forbade divorce. When will the sin of divorce be constitutionally forbidden in the name of "community standards"?

pretty sure? that isn't accurate. He definitely didn't approve of it in most situations though....and most divorces in this country He wouldn't say were for good cause.

However, this is again an area where we as a society have to decide what's right and what's wrong. We have generally decided that divorce is wrong, but that so many of us need it that we have to let it slide. We have done the same with abortion. The question to be decided is whether we do the same for gay marriage.

As a side note, as I typed this it occurred to me that divorce and abortion are both an "unwinding" of a previous decision or act. Gay marriage is not similar to those two items based on that reasoning.

by the way, in the interest of full disclosure, i have been divorced and not for reasons that would meet Jesus' approval.

pretty sure? that isn't accurate. He definitely didn't approve of it in most situations though....and most divorces in this country He wouldn't say were for good cause.

If we're basing our state constitution on biblical text, specifically new testament Protestantism, than divorce should be just as illegal and unconstitutional as gay marriage. Pork has to go as well.

Mark 10: 2-10
2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”
3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.
4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”
5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Last edited:
Back