• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VOTE AGAINST

Why do you feel the need to vote for a law that is already a law?

To help prevent a judge from overturning it. I said that earlier. At any rate I'm glad it will be decided by the people, not politicians. Be sure to vote and remember to take a picture ID.

To help prevent a judge from overturning it. I said that earlier. At any rate I'm glad it will be decided by the people, not politicians. Be sure to vote and remember to take a picture ID.

And I finally just pos repped keeper. First class trolling.

The bottom line is that a vote for this amendment is a vote for intolerance, wrongful discrimination, and portrays North Carolina as a state that does not respect (and recognize) the rights of people to be in a union with who they want to be with.

It really is sickening that people out there would vote for this amendment. In 50 years we are all going to look back on this and laugh at how antiquated and stupid people were for this even being a discussion, much less a proposal for the voters to vote on.

The bottom line is that a vote for this amendment is a vote for intolerance, wrongful discrimination, and portrays North Carolina as a state that does not respect (and recognize) the rights of people to be in a union with who they want to be with.

It really is sickening that people out there would vote for this amendment. In 50 years we are all going to look back on this and laugh at how antiquated and stupid people were for this even being a discussion, much less a proposal for the voters to vote on.

stupid?

I'll add to this that it's forced indoctrination of marriage. There are plenty of people who don't want to get married...but will now need to for all the reasons previously mentioned (medical decisions, insurance, etc.). All people are hearing is "gay marriage" and voting their prejudices, not realizing they're hurting a lot more than just gays...potentially they're hurting themselves.

I'll add to this that it's forced indoctrination of marriage. There are plenty of people who don't want to get married...but will now need to for all the reasons previously mentioned (medical decisions, insurance, etc.). All people are hearing is "gay marriage" and voting their prejudices, not realizing they're hurting a lot more than just gays...potentially they're hurting themselves.

Just scare tactics from the left. No changes if this passes. You will never know it.

Have you read the provisions of the bill, or are you just assuming?

I've read the bill. The bill has no provisions other than opinions. There are advantages of being married. If you want those advantages get married.

Does this kind of thing happen when people vote to take other people's paycheck?

Back