• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official "Ohhh Florida" Thread

Also, the caption of the article points out why that is. There are only so many places a sex offender can live with all of the restrictions.

Also, the caption of the article points out why that is. There are only so many places a sex offender can live with all of the restrictions.

1x01_Locations_(1).png

One week into the New Year and Jacksonville already has six homicides.

I've been to that theater. Definitely understand the frustration. My mom was just complaining about the husband of the couple they saw Jim Gaffigan with checking his phone the whole time.

Can't remember where I read it but I saw someone refer to Florida as the gunshine state. Lolled at that one, probably haas but whatevs

Can't remember where I read it but I saw someone refer to Florida as the gunshine state. Lolled at that one, probably haas but whatevs

One of the comments on the articles that I saw said, "This is why I keep mine wherever, I go, in case some nut job tries to pull this shit."

I mean, I'm all for gun rights, but that's exactly what caused this problem.

Exactly.

Still don't understand how people looking at a huge screen at the front of a room get so worked up about small screens in the seats.

Eh, I have been in movies and it really takes you out of it to be in a dark theater in a tense moment and have a bright screen light up in front of you.

You don't go to theaters with stadium seating? People hold their phones in the air high enough that you can see it?

Last edited:
The guy was right in front of me so in the stadium seating with his bright ass screen, yes I could see it.

Anyone know much about Bradenton? or Daytona Beach other than the obligatory trashy, touristy, etc.?

Got some serious job stuff brewing in both places. Just seeing if I could get any legit insight on either area. I know Daytona is a tourist hell, but is there any redeeming qualities? Fun beach? Good bar scene?

I know next to nothing about Bradenton other than it's on the Gulf Coast, it's warm, and it's between Tampa/St. Pete and Sarasota.

Better to live on the Gulf or the Atlantic coast?

As far as I am aware, there is no good bar scene in Daytona. I had a client down there and the majority of the employees lived in Orlando and drove in. Last time I was there about a year ago I went out with a couple of the client's bankers and we tried to find some place decent to go out and came up with nothing. Even the "good" strip club was horrible. Maybe there is a scene that we just didn't know about, but I kind of doubt it. The beach was nice enough, but didn't seem like a fun beach kind of vibe. The nice restaurant attached to my hotel was actually pretty good, but I heard a number of people say that it was the only nice restaurant in town.

That said, a job is a job, so don't let this deter you.

Got some serious job stuff brewing in both places. Just seeing if I could get any legit insight on either area. I know Daytona is a tourist hell, but is there any redeeming qualities? Fun beach? Good bar scene?

I know next to nothing about Bradenton other than it's on the Gulf Coast, it's warm, and it's between Tampa/St. Pete and Sarasota.

Better to live on the Gulf or the Atlantic coast?

If you're relocating to the Daytona area, check out New Smyrna Beach; I remember it being much less touristy than Daytona.

Reactions: DG3
Back