• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official "Ohhh Florida" Thread

bradenton is a pretty sleepy beach town with out much in the way of young professionals i'd imagine. daytona is a tourist beach town with little in the way of young professionals i'd imagine.

st. augustine might be better as well, but i don't really know. depends on the commute too. or even flagler. doubt you'll find much in the way of a singles scene in either, though. i've visited both areas a few times (bradenton probably around 10) but not for any extended period, so take this with a grain of salt.

I really love this story. I simply refuse to go to a movie without being heavily armed and at least two phones so I can text my left hand from my right. Sometimes I piss myself off and whip out my Glock .40 but then I come to my senses and realize it's just silly to shoot my own hand. Besides, if I did that, I couldn't hold my cellphone every minute of every day so I could endlessly text to the utter disregard of anyone else in the world. Hey, it's how I drive so why not?

One of the comments on the articles that I saw said, "This is why I keep mine wherever, I go, in case some nut job tries to pull this shit."

I mean, I'm all for gun rights, but that's exactly what caused this problem.

With both the victim and the perpetrator being white males I am just not sure whose fault it was.

If you're relocating to the Daytona area, check out New Smyrna Beach; I remember it being much less touristy than Daytona.

Lived in Volusia County for three years. New Smyrna Beach is great. DeLand, though inland, is a neat town (Stetson gives it a "scene") and NSB is only 25 minutes from DeLand....Daytona Beach is a rancid pot of feces and piss. Stay away.

as to which coast; I grew up on the Gulf Coast but have lived on both. Prefer the Gulf Coast. Nicer beaches as long as you aren't into surfing, fishing is cheaper and more accessible, and there is a cool blend of the Nature Coast (Pasco north is marsh flats and salt creeks) and the beach scene (Clearwater, St. Pete Beach, Anna Maria, Sarasota, Boca Grande (which is a must visit resort island btw). There is a cool blend of cultures...Southern, Cuban, Italian. Tampa is mediocre, but it has good venues and pro sports and easy access to the Orlando theme parks and the Gulf Beaches. The state is narrow, so even if you want to weekend on the east coast, it's only about 2.5 hrs to NSB. Cocoa, etc., while nastier, are probably less than that.

Try to avoid living in west Pasco or west Hernando (Counties north of Tampa). The eastern parts of those counties are ok. Tampa; South Tampa is crazy expensive but probably worth it due to a nice restaurant and bar scene and good schools, and traffic is horrible coming into downtown from the north. Carrollwood has some nice areas.

PM me for info on Central or North Florida. I know nothing about South Florida. It's a whole different state down there.

Last edited:
Reactions: DG3
I've lived on both coasts and prefer the Atlantic Coast. If I had the option between Daytona and Bradenton, I would take Daytona, but no chance I would actually live in Daytona. I'd live outside and commute into work.

I've lived on both coasts and prefer the Atlantic Coast. If I had the option between Daytona and Bradenton, I would take Daytona, but no chance I would actually live in Daytona. I'd live outside and commute into work.

Hmmm, really? Daytona is super rough, even as a work location. Bradenton is a nice area. Surprised to read this but to each their own.

Look man, you can't masturbate in front of your window because nobody wants to see your "O" face:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrested-torching-Florida-apartment-block.html
article-2552124-1B35820C00000578-236_306x423.jpg

Lived in Volusia County for three years. New Smyrna Beach is great. DeLand, though inland, is a neat town (Stetson gives it a "scene") and NSB is only 25 minutes from DeLand....Daytona Beach is a rancid pot of feces and piss. Stay away.

as to which coast; I grew up on the Gulf Coast but have lived on both. Prefer the Gulf Coast. Nicer beaches as long as you aren't into surfing, fishing is cheaper and more accessible, and there is a cool blend of the Nature Coast (Pasco north is marsh flats and salt creeks) and the beach scene (Clearwater, St. Pete Beach, Anna Maria, Sarasota, Boca Grande (which is a must visit resort island btw). There is a cool blend of cultures...Southern, Cuban, Italian. Tampa is mediocre, but it has good venues and pro sports and easy access to the Orlando theme parks and the Gulf Beaches. The state is narrow, so even if you want to weekend on the east coast, it's only about 2.5 hrs to NSB. Cocoa, etc., while nastier, are probably less than that.

Try to avoid living in west Pasco or west Hernando (Counties north of Tampa). The eastern parts of those counties are ok. Tampa; South Tampa is crazy expensive but probably worth it due to a nice restaurant and bar scene and good schools, and traffic is horrible coming into downtown from the north. Carrollwood has some nice areas.

PM me for info on Central or North Florida. I know nothing about South Florida. It's a whole different state down there.

Have to agree w brangus angus here completely. I actually know a lot of folks who commute between Bradenton and Tampa or St Pete

In Pensacola a murder trial is about to start for a guy that murdered somebody else, stole his magic: the gathering cards, and buried him in concrete.

i'm from tampa. my parents moved to st. pete when i went to wake.

Back