• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bueller?

Time has not been kind to Mia Sara. Lookin' roooooooooough.

I was expecting worse based on this post.

Mia_Sara_49328.JPG

That commercial just made me feel sorry for Matthew Broderick. He seemed lonely. The idea that his ideal day is driving around in a Honda family wagon, going to the museum by himself, and doing solo yoga on the beach is vaguely depressing.

They really, really needed to get Cameron in that commercial.

Can't say I blame him - any of those daytime activities has got to be more fun than banging the emaciated horse known as Sara Jessica Parker.

Commercial should have had Charlie Sheen in it.

Strange that Matthew Broderick went from totally kicking ass as Ferris Bueller, who is in the conversation among the coolest characters in film history (and Broderick gives, to me, what is among the best comedic performances in any movie ever), to being among the blandest, dorkiest, schlubbiest middle aged actors working in Hollywood. He hasn't played a fun, cool character since The Freshman.

I think that contributes to the strange sadness underlying this new commercial.

Strange that Matthew Broderick went from totally kicking ass as Ferris Bueller, who is in the conversation among the coolest characters in film history (and Broderick gives, to me, what is among the best comedic performances in any movie ever), to being among the blandest, dorkiest, schlubbiest middle aged actors working in Hollywood. He hasn't played a fun, cool character since The Freshman.

I think it is because he takes/took himself seriously as an actor and started getting pissed at being typecast.

I guess it goes without saying that he is a big-time Broadway actor and that I'm sure he's very charismatic in The Producers and that kind of thing. But when you think about his film career since like, 1990, it's a murder's row of losers - Cable Guy, Godzilla, Election, You Can Count on Me, etc. Some good movies and roles in there, but in all of them he plays a dork.

No props for Election or The Cable Guy? Both were post Freshman.

Election is an awesome movie, but in it he is basically playing the anti-Ferris Bueller: the guy for whom nothing works out.

This commercial is cool when you realize it's a commercial but not when it's hyped as FB2. He is looking old as shit.

Back