• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Man of Steel... not sure what to think of that trailer.

Has a very distinct Malick feel to it. Obviously I love Malick, and I love Nolan, who I also see a lot of influence from in that trailer. Snyder is a terrific stylist, and if Nolan & Goyer provided him with a good narrative, look out.

No trailer yet, but this is Matthew McConaughey on the set of his new movie, The Dallas Buyers Club. He lost the weight in order to play the lead role of a man suffering from AIDS that starts an illegal drug ring selling the hard to get AZT HIV pill.

86909PCNMcConaughey11--3841388716147087653.jpg

mmc-dallas.jpg

Has a very distinct Malick feel to it. Obviously I love Malick, and I love Nolan, who I also see a lot of influence from in that trailer. Snyder is a terrific stylist, and if Nolan & Goyer provided him with a good narrative, look out.

Can you expand on what a "malick" feel would be?

Interesting stuff.

Superman preview moved the needle a little bit in the positive direction for me, though not enough to make me not a skeptic.
Long Ranger is interesting only because I'm glad to see Armie Hammer get a big-time starring role. I like the cut of his jib.
Now, I hate speaking like a teen girl tweeting about Bieber, but OMG at Pacific Rim. I was unaware that was coming out. So even if new Godzilla sucks, this should make up for it because I expect a Guillermo Del Toro movie about giant robots vs alien monsters to rock my world.

Amy Adams actually had a story arc on The Office as a dumb hot girl that Jim starts dating and makes Pam jealous. So technically...

Can you expand on what a "malick" feel would be?

Very elliptical, shots focusing heavily on nature imagery, voice-over that is ponderous, spoken slow and is generally profound. For the trailer that showed at Comic-Con they used Hanz Zimmer's "Journey to the Line" from The Thin Red Line, so I think they are going for that kind of vibe, which is very bold, but extremely risky for such a big-budget movie.

Somewhat related.....caught an older movie the other day, and I was blown away by how awesome a real car crash/explosion looked. Kinda miss those...

Back