• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

I've only seen one Gavin Hood movie (the director of Ender's Game) but it was absolute dreck.

I don't have data to back up this hunch, but I feel like there's a direct relationship between the amount of emphasis placed on the cast's Oscar credentials in a trailer, and how badly the movie will end up sucking. Look over here! This movie features a slew of ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEES! Fingers crossed for Ender's Game.

I've only seen one Gavin Hood movie (the director of Ender's Game) but it was absolute dreck.

I don't know if you're referring to "Origins: Wolverine" or not. If so, then I agree. I haven't seen anything else in his credits, a list that's short and unimpressive. I hate to say it but I'm beginning to grow skeptical about "Ender's Game." I wish I could find the article, but I read that Card selected Hood over Wolfgang Peterson and someone else closer to the "A" list for director.

It was Wolverine. I thought it was terrible and hokey... much of the blame on the direction.

Ender's Game isn't exactly the easiest book to adapt into a film either.

how so? it's a pretty straightforward story with a twist. adapting the entire universe would be a challenge, but not necessarily Ender's Game.

I just seem to recall the entire middle section of the book being a series of the training exercises that wouldn't necessarily be easy to film or add much to the story. I suppose they could just cut a lot of that out. But I feel like a lot of the narrative is going to have be told through various scenes of exposition (ie. characters just talking) or through voiceover so everything is clear and the payoff works.

It has been awhile since I read it.

I thought Gosling's character from Drive died? Seems like he's playing the same guy though? Is this a prequel or a sequel?

maybe he's the same but not the same character, like the Dollars Trilogy (clint eastwood)

"The Butler" has an interesting cast, but Daniels really misfired with "The Paperboy." Hopefully this one is better.

how so? it's a pretty straightforward story with a twist. adapting the entire universe would be a challenge, but not necessarily Ender's Game.

I don't know they will incorporate the Locke and Demosthenes stuff. Probably won't even try.

JGL's new movie looks awesome, and Scarlett looks fiiiiiine in it.

Best comment: "what kidnapper is so stupid to kidnap wolverine's daughter??"

Rush. Director Ron Howard. The story of the rivalry between F1 drivers Niki Lauda and James Hunt and the 1976 F1 season.

movies_rush_still_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back