Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
    So, that didn't go where I expected. Should be entertaining, though.

I've only seen one Gavin Hood movie (the director of Ender's Game) but it was absolute dreck.

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    I don't have data to back up this hunch, but I feel like there's a direct relationship between the amount of emphasis placed on the cast's Oscar credentials in a trailer, and how badly the movie will end up sucking. Look over here! This movie features a slew of ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEES! Fingers crossed for Ender's Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Your Couch View Post
    I've only seen one Gavin Hood movie (the director of Ender's Game) but it was absolute dreck.
    I don't know if you're referring to "Origins: Wolverine" or not. If so, then I agree. I haven't seen anything else in his credits, a list that's short and unimpressive. I hate to say it but I'm beginning to grow skeptical about "Ender's Game." I wish I could find the article, but I read that Card selected Hood over Wolfgang Peterson and someone else closer to the "A" list for director.

It was Wolverine. I thought it was terrible and hokey... much of the blame on the direction.

Ender's Game isn't exactly the easiest book to adapt into a film either.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    Ender's Game isn't exactly the easiest book to adapt into a film either.
    how so? it's a pretty straightforward story with a twist. adapting the entire universe would be a challenge, but not necessarily Ender's Game.

I just seem to recall the entire middle section of the book being a series of the training exercises that wouldn't necessarily be easy to film or add much to the story. I suppose they could just cut a lot of that out. But I feel like a lot of the narrative is going to have be told through various scenes of exposition (ie. characters just talking) or through voiceover so everything is clear and the payoff works.

It has been awhile since I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeFanatic View Post
    From the director of Drive, my most anticipated movie of the year.

"Wanna fight?"

Should be called Crazy Stupid Fights

I thought Gosling's character from Drive died? Seems like he's playing the same guy though? Is this a prequel or a sequel?

I disagree with you
    maybe he's the same but not the same character, like the Dollars Trilogy (clint eastwood)

New one from Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men, Y Tu Mama Tambien)

"The Butler" has an interesting cast, but Daniels really misfired with "The Paperboy." Hopefully this one is better.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    how so? it's a pretty straightforward story with a twist. adapting the entire universe would be a challenge, but not necessarily Ender's Game.
    I don't know they will incorporate the Locke and Demosthenes stuff. Probably won't even try.

JGL's new movie looks awesome, and Scarlett looks fiiiiiine in it.

Best comment: "what kidnapper is so stupid to kidnap wolverine's daughter??"

Rush. Director Ron Howard. The story of the rivalry between F1 drivers Niki Lauda and James Hunt and the 1976 F1 season.

Last edited by BobHWS; 05-31-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RollWave35 View Post
    JGL's new movie looks awesome, and Scarlett looks fiiiiiine in it.

That looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquee Moon View Post
    Michael B Jordan is going to become a big star eventually. He's great in everything, and every Sundance article I read mentioned his performance in Fruitvale as incredible