• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Wow from the trailer it looks like RoboCop is more a "re-imagining" than a "remake" It seems like here it is just a dude in a supersuit rather than robot with a dead person filling it out like in the original.

Wow from the trailer it looks like RoboCop is more a "re-imagining" than a "remake" It seems like here it is just a dude in a supersuit rather than robot with a dead person filling it out like in the original.

What? the guy is a paralyzed almost dead dude and they put him into a robocop suit. it's the same premise.

Who knows if the movie will be good, but I like that they made the suit similar and kept the feel

Last edited:
What? the guy is a paralyzed almost dead dude and they put him into a robocop suit. it's the same premise.

Who knows if the movie will be good, but I like that they made the suit similar and kept the feel

It's been so long since I saw the original, but didn't they give him the suit to save his life, and then added stuff??

In this one it seems like "he's already going to be paralyzed, let's give him upgrades so he can do cool shit."

He also looks to be more human in this one.

In the original RoboCop Alex Murphy died, and then they used his body to create RoboCop. He was only a remnant of a human because he only had flashes of memories of his life.

From what it looks like in this movie, Alex Murphy is not dead, so they put him in the RoboCop suit to save him. So now it's just a dude in a super-robot suit. It's actually very different.

Are they going to re-imagine the satire as well? Or is it going to be the same biting Verhoeven satire?

Has anyone seen or read anything about Snowpiercer? It doesn't have a US release date yet but it opened in Korea last month and the critics that have seen it are raving. Looks like a much darker version of Elysium

If the only reason you see a movie is to find out what happens next, then yea an Alfonso Cuaron flick probably isn't for you. For some people, how the story is told is just as important as the story itself. For those people, Cuaron is a genius and every Gravity trailer leads to film nerd priapism.

I love Wes Anderson

Christmas looks to have a pretty solid movie lineup

Ill add these:

Back