• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Depp's career died with The Lone Ranger. He needs to do what MM did and quit taking crap scripts. More Public Enemies, less Pirates of the Caribbean (which is tapped out), Lone Ranger or Alice in Wonderland. I realize he's an eccentric, but there are limits.

so your opinion is that he's simply cashed checks since...how long now? What would be his great films of the past 10-15 years?

I'd be happy to be persuaded.

can we all just admit depp was probably overrated

No, he's played some really strong roles. And some incredibly idiotic ones.

Films of the last 15 years...ones I personally enjoyed or enjoyed with the kids if that's the genre (some folks liked Alice In Wonderland and it did well at the box office, not a personal favorite):

1999 Sleepy Hollow Ichabod Crane

2003 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Captain Jack Sparrow

2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Willy Wonka

2006 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Captain Jack Sparrow

2007 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Captain Jack Sparrow

2009 Public Enemies John Dillinger

2011 Rango Rango Voice only

2012 Dark Shadows Barnabas Collins

Last edited:
i'd be interested to cross reference the "Tom Cruise sucks/is overrated" againts the Johnny Depp supporters

Townie, can we get a list of the top Depp performances of the past 10 years?

I think we probably agree at the core of it, that he has sucked for at least a decade, but he wasn't overrated when he made Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Hunter Thompson, or dude from Blow.

My only issue was semantic. ITC said "was probably overrated" and I didn't know how far back he was going with that. I really enjoyed his early acting performances too, even before his awesome run from 94-02.

I think we probably agree at the core of it, that he has sucked for at least a decade, but he wasn't overrated when he made Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Hunter Thompson, or dude from Blow.

fair, i liked him and always hope for a good movie. It's just weird how far from his early stuff he's wandered.

Moon is upset y'all are forgetting Rango in terms of picking good roles.

Anyway, the first two Pirates were pretty solid but, yea, dude is cashing checks doing tropical and fun movies, getting married to Amber Heard, and probably gives 0 fucks about his film legacy at this point.

i was going to say Rango is probably my fav. depp role of the last 10 years but meh

Back