• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

On the "movies about LARP" front, I give you Knights of Badassdom. Plot looks fairly generic but the cast is pure nerd pandering awesomeness.

Just saw this one on FilmDrunk today and it has potential

From what I've read about Prometheus Ridley Scott wanted to make an Alien prequel, but the studio wanted it to be PG-13. He would not do that, so he re-worked the script so it wasn't a direct prequel, and lessened the budget so that he could make it rated R. I've still heard rumblings that it will be PG-13, and if so that is incredibly lame.

I'm so fucking tired of them destroying potentially awesome movies just so they can make it pg-13.

I'm so fucking tired of them destroying potentially awesome movies just so they can make it pg-13.

I'm right with ya. When will they fucking learn. What the hell would teen audiences care about going to see a prequel to a movie that most of them have not even seen? You are alienating your core audience by changing the rating. R rated movies have been doing really well at the box office recently. Chuck Norris is already fucking everybody over by changing the one thing that makes The Expendables watchable, that being that it is just a macho, testosterone filled extravaganza, with guns, swearing and violence abound. Who the hell wants to see a bunch of roided up guys running around shooting people with no blood coming out? Just plain ridiculous...

I'd be interested to see the metrics/projections/and result in revenue for movies that choose to edit for the PG-13 vs. R rating.

my favorite movie as a teen. I am looking forward to it.

I will be mega pissed if this is indeed the case, but I also have a hard time seeing Ridley Scott cave into something like this. I mean, he carries more than a little weight in the industry, and he has a history of resisting studio influence going all the way back to the original Alien. Who knows if that will ultimately matter, though..

Never was a big fan of Liam until around year 2000. Everything before that he was pretty much a wuss.
And the movie looks good if you like the "Transformers" type movies.

Agreed. Lately he has shifted to the kick-ass mode much more.

So pumped for John Dies at the End. I thought the book was amazing. I had no idea they were making it into a movie.

Back