Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1572

Thread: Trailers for Movies You Want to See

  1. #81
    I read the Bin Laden video will come out after the election. Bigelow didn't want either side to be able to use it as political fodder.

  2. #82
    Joe Amonett
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wherever Uncle Sam sends me.
    Posts
    236
    The new Total Recall better have the chick with three boobs in it.

  3. #83


    New trailer for Brave. Looks legit.

    Also, I can't believe someone posted that Snow White bullshit. What a piece of crap (the movie, not the poster).

  4. #84
    I'm interested in any movie where John Waters admits that he looks like a pervert.
    Draxx them sklounst

  5. #85
    The Prometheus trailer that preceded the Avengers last night was unreal.

    A friend pointed me to this website, which apparently is one of those viral marketing things (WARNING WEBSITE MAY HAVE SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES A SPOLIER, I AM NOT SURE SINCE I HAVENT LOOKED OVER THE WHOLE THING):

    https://www.weylandindustries.com/

    Anyway apparently Fassbender's character is a robot. It looks waaaaaay creepy. Psyched for this one.

  6. #86
    Resident Astrophysicist
    TWDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    22,067
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    The Prometheus trailer that preceded the Avengers last night was unreal.

    A friend pointed me to this website, which apparently is one of those viral marketing things (WARNING WEBSITE MAY HAVE SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES A SPOLIER, I AM NOT SURE SINCE I HAVENT LOOKED OVER THE WHOLE THING):

    https://www.weylandindustries.com/

    Anyway apparently Fassbender's character is a robot. It looks waaaaaay creepy. Psyched for this one.
    Definitely this. I can't wait for this movie. Also, Charlize Theron is smoking.

  7. #87
    The Pumpfaker WakeFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    2,334
    Yes, Fassbender's character is an android, here is a viral video that he did. Hopefully Ridley Scott can return to Blade Runner and Alien territory with this. The trailers and TV spots are perfect, and now that it's been slapped with an R rating (rumors were it was gonna be PG-13) my anticipation is very high.


  8. #88
    Anyone see the trailer for Affleck's new movie Argo? I can't decide how I feel about this one. I was excited when I heard about because I loved Gone Baby Gone and The Town and think Affleck is a very good director, and the Iran hostage crisis is a great backdrop for a movie, but I don't know what's going on with this trailer. It starts off looking like a solid thriller about the hostage crisis, then in the middle it feels like a less funny Wag The Dog, then back to hostage crisis thriller. I'm still optimistic but I hope the tone of the film isn't as all over the place as the trailer.


  9. #89
    The Pumpfaker WakeFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    2,334
    Yes please.


  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeFanatic View Post
    Yes please.

    gangstersquadtrailer.youtube
    Wo that looks awesome.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
    Anyone see the trailer for Affleck's new movie Argo? I can't decide how I feel about this one. I was excited when I heard about because I loved Gone Baby Gone and The Town and think Affleck is a very good director, and the Iran hostage crisis is a great backdrop for a movie, but I don't know what's going on with this trailer. It starts off looking like a solid thriller about the hostage crisis, then in the middle it feels like a less funny Wag The Dog, then back to hostage crisis thriller. I'm still optimistic but I hope the tone of the film isn't as all over the place as the trailer.
    I didn't get from the trailer that there was a real shift in tone. Basically it was people giving their "wtf" reactions to the plan, which may have been a bit lighter. Given how director Ben's movies have been very serious and extremely dark I'm willing to bet this stays that way too.

    I'm certainly looking forward to it, also the one with Josh Brolin too.

  12. #92
    Bernie Eskimo Bro
    KickballDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vermont Republic
    Posts
    3,464
    Whoa. This one has me intrigued, despite Matthew McConaughey. William Friedkin's first full-length project since Bug in 2006, which I actually liked a lot. Not sure where it'll be showing due to the NC-17 rating, though.


  13. #93
    The Pumpfaker WakeFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by DreaminDeacon View Post
    Whoa. This one has me intrigued, despite Matthew McConaughey. William Friedkin's first full-length project since Bug in 2006, which I actually liked a lot. Not sure where it'll be showing due to the NC-17 rating, though.
    Friedkin is the man, can't wait for it. And McConaughey can be surprisingly good when he wants to, I liked him a lot playing a psychopath in Frailty.

  14. #94
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,931
    Quote Originally Posted by bth9673 View Post
    wilfred's better

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeFanatic View Post
    Yes please.

    Too bad they couldn't put together a cast with some talent . . .

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    I didn't get from the trailer that there was a real shift in tone. Basically it was people giving their "wtf" reactions to the plan, which may have been a bit lighter. Given how director Ben's movies have been very serious and extremely dark I'm willing to bet this stays that way too.

    I'm certainly looking forward to it, also the one with Josh Brolin too.
    You're probably right about how it will actually play out in the film, I just think the trailer is a little awkwardly put together. But Ben has definitely shown that he knows how to cut a movie so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

  17. #97
    Here is a very interesting interview about "Prometheus" from the screen writer. It goes into the story began as an Alien prequel, but something was added to it that made it a standalone story.

    "Yeah, it was very much an Alien prequel, from the outset. It was the untitled Alien prequel for most of the time I worked on it. We tried titles out, but nothing ever stuck. Again, it goes back to that idea I can’t really talk about, but the core idea that got me the job in the first place was a new addition to the mythology and the universe. That new element became very much the central element of the story, the principle point of interest. The other trappings of the Alien universe retreated into the background, in deference to this new central notion. I think the studio looked at that and knew we were really talking about something new here. It has a bloodline connection to the Alien universe, but we’re not going to use that title anymore because we’re really in a new space."

    http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/fea...ihts-jgiro.php
    Draxx them sklounst

  18. #98
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Here is a very interesting interview about "Prometheus" from the screen writer. It goes into the story began as an Alien prequel, but something was added to it that made it a standalone story.

    "Yeah, it was very much an Alien prequel, from the outset. It was the untitled Alien prequel for most of the time I worked on it. We tried titles out, but nothing ever stuck. Again, it goes back to that idea I can’t really talk about, but the core idea that got me the job in the first place was a new addition to the mythology and the universe. That new element became very much the central element of the story, the principle point of interest. The other trappings of the Alien universe retreated into the background, in deference to this new central notion. I think the studio looked at that and knew we were really talking about something new here. It has a bloodline connection to the Alien universe, but we’re not going to use that title anymore because we’re really in a new space."

    http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/fea...ihts-jgiro.php
    Thoughts on what that might be? I haven't seen the Alien films in a long time.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Thoughts on what that might be? I haven't seen the Alien films in a long time.
    They talk about this in the interview, but the movie may go into the mythology of the Space Jockeys, which were the race that created the xenomorph (Alien) and possibly their influence on the evolution of humans.

    People who aren't familiar with the Alien films don't realize that the Alien monster wasn't just from an alien race in the sense of a typical sci-fi movie, but was a mystery that the Weyland Corp wanted to study and turn into a weapon. They had no idea what the Alien was, or where it had come from.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 05-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Draxx them sklounst

  20. #100
    #ClawsIn #ManUp
    AnonymousDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    19,975

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •