• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

I read the Bin Laden video will come out after the election. Bigelow didn't want either side to be able to use it as political fodder.

New trailer for Brave. Looks legit.

Also, I can't believe someone posted that Snow White bullshit. What a piece of crap (the movie, not the poster).

I'm interested in any movie where John Waters admits that he looks like a pervert.

The Prometheus trailer that preceded the Avengers last night was unreal.

A friend pointed me to this website, which apparently is one of those viral marketing things (WARNING WEBSITE MAY HAVE SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES A SPOLIER, I AM NOT SURE SINCE I HAVENT LOOKED OVER THE WHOLE THING):

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

Anyway apparently Fassbender's character is a robot. It looks waaaaaay creepy. Psyched for this one.

The Prometheus trailer that preceded the Avengers last night was unreal.

A friend pointed me to this website, which apparently is one of those viral marketing things (WARNING WEBSITE MAY HAVE SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES A SPOLIER, I AM NOT SURE SINCE I HAVENT LOOKED OVER THE WHOLE THING):

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

Anyway apparently Fassbender's character is a robot. It looks waaaaaay creepy. Psyched for this one.
Definitely this. I can't wait for this movie. Also, Charlize Theron is smoking.

Yes, Fassbender's character is an android, here is a viral video that he did. Hopefully Ridley Scott can return to Blade Runner and Alien territory with this. The trailers and TV spots are perfect, and now that it's been slapped with an R rating (rumors were it was gonna be PG-13) my anticipation is very high.

Anyone see the trailer for Affleck's new movie Argo? I can't decide how I feel about this one. I was excited when I heard about because I loved Gone Baby Gone and The Town and think Affleck is a very good director, and the Iran hostage crisis is a great backdrop for a movie, but I don't know what's going on with this trailer. It starts off looking like a solid thriller about the hostage crisis, then in the middle it feels like a less funny Wag The Dog, then back to hostage crisis thriller. I'm still optimistic but I hope the tone of the film isn't as all over the place as the trailer.

Anyone see the trailer for Affleck's new movie Argo? I can't decide how I feel about this one. I was excited when I heard about because I loved Gone Baby Gone and The Town and think Affleck is a very good director, and the Iran hostage crisis is a great backdrop for a movie, but I don't know what's going on with this trailer. It starts off looking like a solid thriller about the hostage crisis, then in the middle it feels like a less funny Wag The Dog, then back to hostage crisis thriller. I'm still optimistic but I hope the tone of the film isn't as all over the place as the trailer.

I didn't get from the trailer that there was a real shift in tone. Basically it was people giving their "wtf" reactions to the plan, which may have been a bit lighter. Given how director Ben's movies have been very serious and extremely dark I'm willing to bet this stays that way too.

I'm certainly looking forward to it, also the one with Josh Brolin too.

Whoa. This one has me intrigued, despite Matthew McConaughey. William Friedkin's first full-length project since Bug in 2006, which I actually liked a lot. Not sure where it'll be showing due to the NC-17 rating, though.

Whoa. This one has me intrigued, despite Matthew McConaughey. William Friedkin's first full-length project since Bug in 2006, which I actually liked a lot. Not sure where it'll be showing due to the NC-17 rating, though.
Friedkin is the man, can't wait for it. And McConaughey can be surprisingly good when he wants to, I liked him a lot playing a psychopath in Frailty.

I didn't get from the trailer that there was a real shift in tone. Basically it was people giving their "wtf" reactions to the plan, which may have been a bit lighter. Given how director Ben's movies have been very serious and extremely dark I'm willing to bet this stays that way too.

I'm certainly looking forward to it, also the one with Josh Brolin too.

You're probably right about how it will actually play out in the film, I just think the trailer is a little awkwardly put together. But Ben has definitely shown that he knows how to cut a movie so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Here is a very interesting interview about "Prometheus" from the screen writer. It goes into the story began as an Alien prequel, but something was added to it that made it a standalone story.

"Yeah, it was very much an Alien prequel, from the outset. It was the untitled Alien prequel for most of the time I worked on it. We tried titles out, but nothing ever stuck. Again, it goes back to that idea I can’t really talk about, but the core idea that got me the job in the first place was a new addition to the mythology and the universe. That new element became very much the central element of the story, the principle point of interest. The other trappings of the Alien universe retreated into the background, in deference to this new central notion. I think the studio looked at that and knew we were really talking about something new here. It has a bloodline connection to the Alien universe, but we’re not going to use that title anymore because we’re really in a new space."

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/jon-spaihts-jgiro.php

Here is a very interesting interview about "Prometheus" from the screen writer. It goes into the story began as an Alien prequel, but something was added to it that made it a standalone story.

"Yeah, it was very much an Alien prequel, from the outset. It was the untitled Alien prequel for most of the time I worked on it. We tried titles out, but nothing ever stuck. Again, it goes back to that idea I can’t really talk about, but the core idea that got me the job in the first place was a new addition to the mythology and the universe. That new element became very much the central element of the story, the principle point of interest. The other trappings of the Alien universe retreated into the background, in deference to this new central notion. I think the studio looked at that and knew we were really talking about something new here. It has a bloodline connection to the Alien universe, but we’re not going to use that title anymore because we’re really in a new space."

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/jon-spaihts-jgiro.php

Thoughts on what that might be? I haven't seen the Alien films in a long time.

Thoughts on what that might be? I haven't seen the Alien films in a long time.

They talk about this in the interview, but the movie may go into the mythology of the Space Jockeys, which were the race that created the xenomorph (Alien) and possibly their influence on the evolution of humans.

People who aren't familiar with the Alien films don't realize that the Alien monster wasn't just from an alien race in the sense of a typical sci-fi movie, but was a mystery that the Weyland Corp wanted to study and turn into a weapon. They had no idea what the Alien was, or where it had come from.

Last edited:
Back