• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

mccartney is like "how can we inject a little juice into the Beatle Money Machine so we can pump out another compilation album now that millennials are getting old"

mccartney is like "how can we inject a little juice into the Beatle Money Machine so we can pump out another compilation album now that millennials are getting old"

seems more like Ringo urging it, you know he needs the money more. those sparkly jackets and big sunglasses aren't free ya know.

Doesn't look like Clooney is changing much of the palette from Mike Nichols' original Catch-22. What a cast. I tried to watch this to see if I could use it to get into the book, but the dvd was fucked up, so I quit.

For some reason I've never been able to finish that book. Then I picked up his second, Something Happened, and had the same thing happen. It's good, it's not the quality of the writing, it's just the vibe starts to fuck with my head or something. I don't know, dawgs.

Last edited:

Not sure what is going on here but sinister Nazis, tanks....interested.

Yep, they're doing Devil in the White City, about H.H. Holmes' serial murder "hotel" while Chicago's World's Fair was going on. Should be cool. I was just trying to find a trailer for that.

No trailer yet, but getting P psyched for adaptation of Donna Tartt's pulitzer prize winning The Goldfinch. Finishing up the book now. This is just an adult drama, the kind that doesnt get made or garner a lot of attention anymore, but the cast is A++ : Kidman, Ansel Elgort, Sarah Paulson, Luke Wilson, Jeffrey Wright, Finn Wolfhard etc..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3864056/

No trailer yet, but getting P psyched for adaptation of Donna Tartt's pulitzer prize winning The Goldfinch. Finishing up the book now. This is just an adult drama, the kind that doesnt get made or garner a lot of attention anymore, but the cast is A++ : Kidman, Ansel Elgort, Sarah Paulson, Luke Wilson, Jeffrey Wright, Finn Wolfhard etc..

^^Me neither. It looks like it should be good. Great sets, cinematography, as a show it looks like a million bucks, but it doesnt really deliver as a drama so far.

There are some legitimately annoying characters, foremost the super precocious little limey soap opera writer. Stop yelling all the time and taking yourself so effing seriously you little shit.

I am also sort of done on Jeffrey Wright. Dude is talented I guess, but he has no chill and no nuance to any of his performances, he is just always "super intense arrogant aloof and probably shady guy" Same exact character with no range whether he is a CIA dude in bond, the black mobster in Boardwalk, or here.

I guess we are supposed to pull for Evan Rachel Wood and Marsden, but I mean what is their endgame? Revolt and then do what? Go live in the real world?

Also Ed Harris starts out as super creepy and then by ep 2 you realize that he is just a shriveled old dude playing dress up with toys, like you arent really tough cowboy if no one can shoot you back. That would be fun for like a weekend but if you win every time it would get old quick.

Ill prolly keep watching but so far just meh.

:p

I can’t believe someone never got her Secret History made. I might need to grab this book.

I love that movie.

Looks like Hulu is throwing down some serious coin for A-List talent. Saw they were gonna do a miniseries with Scorsese and DiCaprio.

Hulu/Netflix arms race benefits everyone. Well except movie theater owners, but fuck them.

Back