• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Like a victim of abuse, I keep saying I'm done, but I keep coming back (not for Genesys though).

Watched this trailer earlier today. Oof. I’ll probably watch this someday but they should have stopped at T2 because they were never going to improve upon perfection.

Watched this trailer earlier today. Oof. I’ll probably watch this someday but they should have stopped at T2 because they were never going to improve upon perfection.

T3 was a very respectable entry. The Christian Bale one was terrible. The last one was better, but pointless overall. This one doesn’t look good, but it has Arnold so you never know.

It’s also supposedly a direct T2 sequel. As in the other movies never happened.

T3 was ok but was just a worse version of T2. Bale movie was bad. Genysis has some decent ideas but just didn’t come together as a full movie. I actually don’t remember if there was another one in the mix. The “canon” is so fucked at this point I’m sure this new movie won’t fix it.

I thought the Sarah Connor Chronicles show was pretty good, although they rushed the ending because it was getting cancelled. Rushed endings must be a Cersei thing.

The Bale one could've been good if they'd cast someone other than Worthington and changed up the ending.

I was skeptical about Toy Story 4 from the trailers. The Key & Peele characters didn't seem to add much. I saw a 17 minute preview at Hollywood Studios yesterday and it looks fantastic. I looked like the first 17 minutes of the film. The opening scene is great and gorgeous. My oldest was cheering throughout. Pretty amazing how far Pixar has pushed animation since the original film.

Don't be swayed by aggregations. My go-to reviewers are quite effusively praising it.

Don't be swayed by aggregations. My go-to reviewers are quite effusively praising it.

I like to read through some of the negative reviews on big budget movies and look into some of the other by those critics. They loooove being holier than thou and self-congratulating on their nuanced opinions of limited release art/indie films. I can only imagine that they'd be right at home as Tunnels regulars.

Last edited:
I like to read through some of the negative reviews on big budget movies and look into some of the other by those critics. They loooove being holier than thou and self-congratulating on their nuanced opinions of limited release art/indie films. I can only imagine that they'd be right at home as Tunnels regulars.

Dude -- most of your posts talk down to "Tunnels regulars", which makes you "holier than thou" and self-congratulating". In any event, I agree with you on reviewers for this type of movie. The first review on RT says: "Is the picture any good? Uhhh. It's a Godzilla movie. So I'm going to say, "not really."" That's just obnoxious.

On the flip-side, the previews make it look like everything is shot in the dark, which means I won't be able to tell WTF is going on, which means it will suck.

IDGAF what anyone says about it... I'll be watching Godzilla by myself in the theater at some point this weekend. No doubt about it.

Rambo looks like a good movie to build a drinking game around. The body count was so absurdly high in the last Rambo flick. I don’t know if he can top that.

Godzilla is what it is. You can’t review a monster movie seriously, especially when the context for which it was taken seriously at one time (nuclear weapons) lacks the same urgency today. But if all it is Millie Bobby Brown screaming for two hours like she does in Stranger Things, then it will probably suck.

Back