Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSlim2.0 View Post
    So Zach is doing his Seth Galifianakis bit the whole movie, eh?

I'm getting kind of annoyed with the Prometheus Marketing. First it was the stupid Coors Light tie in previews. Then I just saw a preview with freakin Stephen A. Smith narrating. That is definitely killing some of the excitement about this movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by waketastic View Post
    I'm getting kind of annoyed with the Prometheus Marketing. First it was the stupid Coors Light tie in previews. Then I just saw a preview with freakin Stephen A. Smith narrating. That is definitely killing some of the excitement about this movie for me.
    I had this exact thought the other day. What a TERRIBLE way to market this movie and it is making me think a little less of it just because of how they are advertising it.

Ads I saw last night during Mad Men had the "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" melody. Big drop-off from the prior ads with the blaring alarm. I've still kept my own level of excitment up though.

Is Prometheus like not going to be good? Is that why Coors Light commercials are already going on to recoup the money they spent on the flick?
    1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005, 2019

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Quote Originally Posted by thebishop View Post
    Is Prometheus like not going to be good? Is that why Coors Light commercials are already going on to recoup the money they spent on the flick?
    Variety or Hollywood Reporter's early review sounded like it was good

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/prometheus_2012/

variety reporter chang says its terrible. hollywood reporter says its good.

I can't conceive of any possible world in which Prometheus is anything less than super awesome.

I was super pumped for it, but all of the saturation is getting to be too much. I don't need a fucking Coors Light ad promoting a movie that's supposed to be set like 100s of years in the future. Also, I've been avoiding some of the really long trailers that have been showing up because I've read they contain spoilers/major plot points.

Quote Originally Posted by Deac2010 View Post
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/prometheus_2012/

variety reporter chang says its terrible. hollywood reporter says its good.
    I wouldn't say at all that he said it was terrible. He thought it was visually spectacular, but narrative wise fell short.

If you're a Wes Anderson fan, check this out

Technically, I shouldn't post this because it's not a movie I want to see, rather one I saw this past weekend. Anyway, just wanted to spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    I absolutely love Les Mis, so this intrigues me. I'm not 100% sold, but I'd like to see a bit more.

Dayum Anne looks terrible

How was it DeacHead? From what I've heard, you'll like it if you like Wes Anderson, otherwise, maybe less so.

Quote Originally Posted by redwing42 View Post
    I absolutely love Les Mis, so this intrigues me. I'm not 100% sold, but I'd like to see a bit more.
    This is me as well (loving Les Mis) and I'm pretty optimistic, especially since they dropped TSwift as Eponine (whiuch would have been catastrophic - no way she could carry that) for Samantha Burks. I think they'll do a great job

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    How was it DeacHead? From what I've heard, you'll like it if you like Wes Anderson, otherwise, maybe less so.
    I really liked it, this from a dues paying member of the Wes Anderson fan club. I'd say what you've heard is right. If you're already on board for Wes, then this is a must-see. It was full of the quirky, fun visuals he's known for. It was a sweet story with a pacing that may not be for everybody, but I think ultimately pays off.

Personally speaking, it was a pleasure to go into a movie with no expectations whatsoever having not been inundated with hype and promos. I only knew of the director and primary actors, nothing of the plot.

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    Any idea if it'll get a wide release? I really wanted to see it when I was in NY the other week but just couldn't make time.

I don't know what the plans are for a wider release, but the $/theater returns have been outstanding, so you have to figure they're going to expand.

They are expanding slowly, but I believe I heard it will go into 1,000 theaters sometime in mid-June.