• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

I'm getting kind of annoyed with the Prometheus Marketing. First it was the stupid Coors Light tie in previews. Then I just saw a preview with freakin Stephen A. Smith narrating. That is definitely killing some of the excitement about this movie for me.

I'm getting kind of annoyed with the Prometheus Marketing. First it was the stupid Coors Light tie in previews. Then I just saw a preview with freakin Stephen A. Smith narrating. That is definitely killing some of the excitement about this movie for me.

I had this exact thought the other day. What a TERRIBLE way to market this movie and it is making me think a little less of it just because of how they are advertising it.

Ads I saw last night during Mad Men had the "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" melody. Big drop-off from the prior ads with the blaring alarm. I've still kept my own level of excitment up though.

Is Prometheus like not going to be good? Is that why Coors Light commercials are already going on to recoup the money they spent on the flick?

Is Prometheus like not going to be good? Is that why Coors Light commercials are already going on to recoup the money they spent on the flick?

Variety or Hollywood Reporter's early review sounded like it was good

I can't conceive of any possible world in which Prometheus is anything less than super awesome.

I was super pumped for it, but all of the saturation is getting to be too much. I don't need a fucking Coors Light ad promoting a movie that's supposed to be set like 100s of years in the future. Also, I've been avoiding some of the really long trailers that have been showing up because I've read they contain spoilers/major plot points.

If you're a Wes Anderson fan, check this out

Technically, I shouldn't post this because it's not a movie I want to see, rather one I saw this past weekend. Anyway, just wanted to spread the word.

How was it DeacHead? From what I've heard, you'll like it if you like Wes Anderson, otherwise, maybe less so.

I absolutely love Les Mis, so this intrigues me. I'm not 100% sold, but I'd like to see a bit more.

This is me as well (loving Les Mis) and I'm pretty optimistic, especially since they dropped TSwift as Eponine (whiuch would have been catastrophic - no way she could carry that) for Samantha Burks. I think they'll do a great job

How was it DeacHead? From what I've heard, you'll like it if you like Wes Anderson, otherwise, maybe less so.

I really liked it, this from a dues paying member of the Wes Anderson fan club. I'd say what you've heard is right. If you're already on board for Wes, then this is a must-see. It was full of the quirky, fun visuals he's known for. It was a sweet story with a pacing that may not be for everybody, but I think ultimately pays off.

Personally speaking, it was a pleasure to go into a movie with no expectations whatsoever having not been inundated with hype and promos. I only knew of the director and primary actors, nothing of the plot.

Any idea if it'll get a wide release? I really wanted to see it when I was in NY the other week but just couldn't make time.

I don't know what the plans are for a wider release, but the $/theater returns have been outstanding, so you have to figure they're going to expand.

Back