• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Is it more like Rushmore or more like Darjeeling? It's been a long time since I liked a live-action Wes Anderson film.

Is it more like Rushmore or more like Darjeeling? It's been a long time since I liked a live-action Wes Anderson film.

Out of those 2 options, I'll go with Rushmore. I don't want to go into too much of "why" for fear of being spoilery.
Fundamentally, Rushmoore and Moonrise both share a theme of rebellious youth in the name of love.

Last edited:
Dang more bad reviews for Prometheus came out. I will go see it now with expectations that it is visually stunning and otherwise just entertaining, not the next cinema great or anything.

Dang more bad reviews for Prometheus came out. I will go see it now with expectations that it is visually stunning and otherwise just entertaining, not the next cinema great or anything.

I usually start to worry when the studio over saturates with marketing. It's not usually a good thing.

My Prometheus boner is long gone.

Trailer for Django Unchained was released this afternoon, but was quickly pulled. Supposed to be reposted tonight at 7:30 pm.

Critics tend not to get movies that emphasize visuals, and visual storytelling. They like exposition heavy dreck like Avengers. They also tend not to understand horror movies. Prometheus is both of those, so I'm not worried. And while I'm on this rant about critics, the standard for being a movie critic has dropped dramatically. You go on rottentomatoes, read some of the snippets, and wonder how in the world some of these people have a job.

oh HELL yes. this looks just absolutely phenomenal, and even more so if you're a little nerdy and recognize most of the characters. really stoked about this

Not official but I am quite excited about this.

Wreck-It Ralph looks awesome. I nerded out at the video game villain meeting.

Prometheus was great. Stunning visuals, great acting, scary as hell. Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron steal the show. The exposition is mild enough that there are plenty of surprises even with the plot going in a clear direction. I've bee waiting a year to see this and I was not disapointed.

Prometheus was great. Stunning visuals, great acting, scary as hell. Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron steal the show. The exposition is mild enough that there are plenty of surprises even with the plot going in a clear direction. I've bee waiting a year to see this and I was not disapointed.

I'm right there with you. While I could predict some of the things that were going to happen, I didn't expect the overall story to go how it did. It was a great movie though, kept me really entertained and the visuals were awesome.

I've almost never been as frustrated by a movie as I was by Prometheus. First off, it's absolutely gorgeous, several of the set-pieces are astounding (particularly the "abortion"), and Fassbender and Elba are tremendous. The person at fault here is Ridley Scott, and the screenwriters. They pick up so many lofty ideas, and don't follow through on nary a one of them. Also, Scott paces the first two-thirds perfectly, setting the film up as if he is really going to accomplish something grand, only to rush through the last third, having the movie devolve into a standard "monster" movie, and even the death scenes are not satisfying. The middle section, where things start to go bad, is by far the best part. The last 20 minutes to be sure is a clusterfuck. I won't get into plot details, so I really can't get into why I thought this section didn't work. I saw it in IMAX 3D, and it is quite an experience. Definitely the way to see it.

Last edited:
I thought the Prometheus trailer was cool at first, now it just annoys the shit out of me. Be gone.

Saw it in IMAX 3D. Amazing! I love how it isn't overrun with CGI. Scenery is fantastic. We need a spoilers thread to discuss the plot..

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I guess this is turning into a Prometheus thread, so I'll copy what I posted on the Suque.

Saw it this morning in (fake) IMAX 3D. I'm tending to agree with that has been said so far in this thread from those who've seen it. It was a beautiful film visually and there were great images that you'll definitely remember, but the plot was kind of meh. Raises questions without answering them, and the motivations of many of the characters wasn't really clear. Definitely agree with the point that was brought up above - just raising a lot of questions or introducing mysterious plot points without answering them doesn't make a "smart" movie. There were actually a couple people laughing during the most ridiculous scene in the movie (and when you see it you'll know what I'm talking about). And some of the stuff at the end was just silly. I'm fairly disappointed. I should have known when they started getting Stephen A. Smith and Coors Light to advertise it something was wrong.

Back