• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

I feel like that World's End movie could've been pretty good if it was just about 5 dudes doing a bar crawl.

I feel like that World's End movie could've been pretty good if it was just about 5 dudes doing a bar crawl.

Could've been good? Word is that it's not only the best comedy of the year, but one of the best movies period. Why have you already written it off?

Last edited:
Have the people hating on Worlds End not seen Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz?

Those two are classics...but they've had duds, too. Anyone remember Paul?

To be fair, Paul was written by Pegg and Frost but directed by Greg Mottola not Edgar Wright (if I remember correctly Wright couldn't do it because of a conflict with Scott Pilgrim, which was a movie I really enjoyed even though it made about $11 in theaters). Mottola is a decent director, but I think Wright is in a different league.

You make a fair point though. Two good movies does not guarantee that the third wont suck. However, most reviews say that TWE takes everything that's great about Shaun and Fuzz and builds on it, so it seems safe to say that if you like the first two theres a good chance you will find something to like in the third

Full disclosure: I'm a fanboy and am planning on taking in a "Cornetto Trilogy" triple bill next week so I'm far from objective here.

And I'm still solidly in the "Enders Game is going to suck on a massive scale" camp, but I never read the book so I don't have near the attachment others do to the story and thus no nerd boner. Obviously give my statement above, I can't begrudge anyone being excited for it and hope I'm wrong, as I'm always up for a good sci fi epic

re: End of the World

I read teh slant review, and Calum is about as stuck up a writer you will find, so i definitely have high hopes in spite of what to me was an awful trailer.

re: End of the World

I read teh slant review, and Calum is about as stuck up a writer you will find, so i definitely have high hopes in spite of what to me was an awful trailer.

That was one of the most pretentious reviews I've ever read.

Has there been a movie that so many people have come to this thread to post trailers for?

I think part of it is that they keep releasing new trailers. In addition to the one's Moon posted, they also released the one I posted, and there have been others as well. And every single one has been pretty terrifying. I wonder if they'll play that at IMAX.

Jesus, it's going to be in IMAX 3D. That is going to be sick.

Back