• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Mini-series instead of a movie, but still compelling, especially since it premieres six weeks before the election.

This is out today on Hulu and is getting 98% on RT

So we recently got a free Red Box rental and even though it has been very difficult to find movies at Red Box lately, we stumbled into a really fun movie. i highly recommend for something new-ish.

Love and Monsters

A film made by two teenage brothers from Rocky Mount during the pandemic got picked up by Amazon Prime and debuts March 26.

https://www.wral.com/rocky-mount-te...new-movie-picked-up-by-amazon-prime/19572075/

Thomas Parrish, 16, and his brother Zach, 13, just finished working on a film they shot over the pandemic as an after-school project. It's about trying to live through COVID-19, a concept that resonates with many.
The brothers have entered the film, titled 75° West, into a couple of film festivals and said they got good feedback in return. The idea behind the movie has the boys navigating a post-pandemic world on their own as they explore a new reality where only 5% of the population remains.
Tom and Zach have to walk, run, climb, pack heat and commandeer a pickup to get across a deserted North Carolina. They're trying to reach a certain location - 75° West.

I won't lie, at first I thought it was some sort of cgi trickery to make the lead look so much like James Gandolfini but it turns out it was 23 of his chromosomes that did the trick.

"Written for the screen"...uh, it's already pretty much written. Othello with Denzel, ok. MacBeth, not so much. But I am curious to see both of those do some Shakespeare, and MacBeth is a favorite of mine.

I get slight Rushmore vibes from the characters and the humor

Is that the youngest HAIM sister in the thumbnail? Looking forward to watching the trailer later

Back