• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Cigar Thread

You boys are rich, smoking those Padron's and Partagas...all great cigars, but too rich for my photographer blood.

sorry, but your "secret store cuban" is certainly fake.

Best place to get cigars in North Carolina is the JR outlet store...any one of the 3 locations.

Cigars.com does have good deals on Sampler packs.

Yeah JRs is the best if you want to walk in. Great deals in bulk buys too. I think cigars.com has better samplers than JRs though.

Cav I'm not at my computer but I'll look and post a couple in a bit. Hard to say without looking because they rotate a lot. Also depends on your preferences in terms of size draw strength etc.

okay... I was at cigars.com which is the JR site...

Cigar.com is different

You boys are rich, smoking those Padron's and Partagas...all great cigars, but too rich for my photographer blood.

I don't smoke that often, so I really only bust these out for special occasions...the Partagas 160's for special, special occasions

i have nothing to add to this thread except the fact that i love the famoussmoke.com commercials with vinny v. "where else are you going to get a deal like this, huh? the back of a truck? KA-POW!"

I'm a big fan of Ashton. That's what I go with if I can find them. H Upman are decent as well.

Opus X, if you want an incredible cigar and don't mind spending way too much money on one. Cigars International has some good deals periodically too. Picked up 20 nice (Cohiba, Ghurka, etc) smokes, humidor and gel jar for 80 the other week.

Love anything by Rocky Patel

The beer/wine store near my house in Richmond has a small humidor w/ a pretty limited selection & I've never seen any prices listed for the cigars.

Decided to pick up two RP's (Vintage 1990) out of there last night to try out... Figured they'd be $11-$12 for individuals (Toros)

Rang up as something crazy... like $4.95.

I'm heading back over today to do some more damage.

The beer/wine store near my house in Richmond has a small humidor w/ a pretty limited selection & I've never seen any prices listed for the cigars.

Decided to pick up two RP's (Vintage 1990) out of there last night to try out... Figured they'd be $11-$12 for individuals (Toros)

AWESOME

I absolutely LOVE this cigar http://bluenotecigars.com/2040/rocky-patel-1961-torpedo-cigar-review

Also, you want to base the ring size on how fast you smoke. If you are a fast smoker you are going to want to go with a larger ring size because the smaller ring size will burn too fast and ruin the cigar. If you are a slow smoker then the smaller ring sizes are great.

Also, you want to base the ring size on how fast you smoke. If you are a fast smoker you are going to want to go with a larger ring size because the smaller ring size will burn too fast and ruin the cigar. If you are a slow smoker then the smaller ring sizes are great.

What do you use to light?

I've got a colibri firebird torch that i've had for years & have always loved it... but I seem to have to relight 3-4 times per cigar (seemingly regardless of ring size)... is that normal?

Want to pick up some cigars before going to Vegas for bachelor party. Any suggestions?

I think there's a Tinder Box on Santa Monica or Wilshire. They give decent discounts on boxes.

They have good prices on Montecristos. The White Labels are probably around $12 and are very, very good. The classic #2 torpedos are about $15-18 each and are excellent.

Back