• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Cigar Thread

So how long do cigars stay good without a humidor? I assume the box they come in (8-pack) won't be of much help.

After a couple of weeks they will dry out.

The Tinder Box may something you can put in a plastic bag that will keep them fresher. Ask them.

Monte Cristo #2s are my go to, but I'd love a cheaper alternative since they run $12 or so apiece. Maybe I'll try some suggestions here.

LGC wavells are an old school classic. The serie R are tasty, but pack a punch in the Nicotine department.

558281_749884872613_7200424_35369770_1525751485_n.jpg

Humidor my wife got me as my wedding gift.

Smoking a torano Brigade right now on the back porch....not bad for a cheap bundle smoke. Will probably grab a Sol Cubano for my next cigar

any recs from the board on a good humidor?

Got one of these as part of my stocking on Christmas. Smoked it on New Year's Eve and then went and purchased 5 more the next day.

fuente-anejo-55-b.jpg

Cuban Crafters used to make some great cigars back in they day....I still use a cutter from them. Those Anejos are damn good cigars, but way too pricey for a poor television photographer.

My current apartment building is 100% non-smoking. I'm not even allowed to smoke on my balcony or on our pool deck. Such BS.

My current apartment building is 100% non-smoking. I'm not even allowed to smoke on my balcony or on our pool deck. Such BS.

i didn't realize that florida is now a communist state

Got one of these as part of my stocking on Christmas. Smoked it on New Year's Eve and then went and purchased 5 more the next day.

fuente-anejo-55-b.jpg

That Fuente has been my go to for the past couple of months.

I learned a valuable lesson (especially if you stock your favorite smokes); If you think you may be on the verge of getting sick... don't pull out a cigar that you want to continue to enjoy in the future.

I've wasted 2 Padron 1926s in the past month because I can't convince my system to hop back on that horse... After my second noticeable gag after lighting up on Wednesday at my regular lounge, a couple of different folks around the bar offered to teach me how to smoke.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16029-1384447886-41.gif

any recs from the board on a good humidor?

Yes...the best ones are called Coleman or Igloo or any cooler that has a good seal. Just get something to regulate the humidity inside the cooler and you're good to go. If you just want something to set on you desk then this isn't for you, but if you want the best way to store and age cigars then this is the way to go.

Back