• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Cigar Thread

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
Unofficial Cigar Thread

The Pit Beer Boss thread has introduced me to some quality stuff... Trying to stick with the theme here.

I've always been partial to a lot of Rocky Patel's stuff but am smoking Four Kicks right now & really enjoying them.

What are some other Pit favorites?

This is where men come to talk about CIGARS (and riverboat gambling).

Picked up this guy off of Woot a couple of weeks ago... It (and the accessories) are way nicer than I anticipated.

Quite a bargain at $39.99; Figure it will show up again at some point.

Callaway_Golf_Humidor_Set88mDetail.jpg

My girlfriend just got me a secret cuban from the local cigar store here in Palo Alto. Haven't smoked it yet - waiting for my bonus/raise conversation in April.

Want to pick up some cigars before going to Vegas for bachelor party. Any suggestions?

Yes. If you need suggestions, you probably shouldn't waste money on anything too expensive. Save the few bucks for more vegas.

If the bachelor has a real taste for good cigars though, I'm sure there someone can give you some pretty good suggestions if you have any kind of idea what type of cigars he smokes already. (size, strength etc.)

Last edited:
Want to pick up some cigars before going to Vegas for bachelor party. Any suggestions?

Padron 1926

Disclaimer: Probably not the best deal out there; but its a good celebration cigar & what I've had for special occasions a couple of times.

My regular stoog is an Uptmann New Yorker. Perfect length and ring size for me and a great cigar for the money ($5.00) When I want to spoiler myself I ask someone who is traveling to Canada to land me some Habana Monte Cristo #4, similar in length/ring size to the New Yorker but an unmatched taste. To me it is the best cigar available but unfortunately way too expensive for daily use.

Last edited:
3rd most expensive good proprietor, 3rd most expensive.

1st is too much $$
2nd it's obvious you don't know what you're doing and dont wanna pony up for #1
3rd sneak right in there, looking classy

Punch is my fav inexpensive brand.

Love anything by Rocky Patel

Padron 1926

Disclaimer: Probably not the best deal out there; but its a good celebration cigar & what I've had for special occasions a couple of times.

This. And the Padron 1964 is a really nice cigar too, and I believe a little less expensive. If you're look for another really nice celebration cigar, the Partagas 150's and 160's are amazing.

Can't go wrong with Padron.

Smoke a lot of Camacho's because I like their draw.

Don't know much about cigars but I like to smoke them in the summer when I grill. I have a humidor. Where is a good place to buy smokable cheap cigars?

sorry, but your "secret store cuban" is certainly fake.

Best place to get cigars in North Carolina is the JR outlet store...any one of the 3 locations.

Cigars.com does have good deals on Sampler packs.

Back