• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Ghost on Tobacco Road: Five years later, the late Skip Prosser still looms over WF

Thought the article was very well done. I was alternating nodding my head in agreement and shaking my head in disappointment.

I will agree with keeper that the atmosphere in 2000-2001 was MUCH better than it is now. The climb is less dramatic than the fall

I wonder if Baby or sig will get the mountain of personally sick Neg I got for saying the same thing.

Yes...definitely make this about you....you don't do enough of that!

And I too enjoyed the article...though it was a bit on the metaphorical/wordy side...not unlike a Lenox piece....(not nearly as bad though...no disrespect intended).

Great article, thanks, Irish! The thing that got me was actually seeing "25-6" and remembering what we used to be....

Great article, may not agree with everything in it but it certainly captures the last five years pretty well and doesn't give Skip a free pass as a coach.

This is why BuzzIn-ers constantly baffle me. The man shows 1/10000000th of the charisma, charm, and enthusiasm of Skip. The effort and W/L record wouldn't be half as hard to tolerate if he had just a fraction of the personality that Skip showed.

SkipLooksAtK.jpg

Excellent article. Hopefully the Joel returns to jungle/circus status.

This is why BuzzIn-ers constantly baffle me. The man shows 1/10000000th of the charisma, charm, and enthusiasm of Skip. The effort and W/L record wouldn't be half as hard to tolerate if he had just a fraction of the personality that Skip showed.

Devils advocate here - just because you want jeff [Redacted] to succeed doesn't mean you can't/didn't love skip prosser at the same time. I guarantee that no bzziner thinks that [Redacted] has half the personality that Prosser had.

99% of div-1 college bball coaches do not show a fraction of the charisma, charm, etc. that Skip had. It doesn't matter what coach you put in here, they are going to have a tough ass time if you keep comparing their personality to Skip's and holding it against them.

And I am not Bzzin.

Garbage. Dino won because of Skip's last two recruiting classes which included Tony Woods. Then in another paragraph Tony Woods , a Gaudio signee, faced legal problems. Pick one, either Prosser or Gaudio recruited him. Pick one. Saying the atmosphere at the Joel was in 2000-01 the same as it is now is comical.

shocker!!!!!!

A nice piece, which unfortunately included a reference to an alleged sexual assault that was irresponsible and unnecessary in an attempt to make a point that is not factual. The author would have been well-advised to have reconsidered that paragraph and edited it out before submission. It detracted from an otherwise good article.

Maybe he shoul have just written that members of the team were up late partying and chasing women the night before the game.

SkipLooksAtK.jpg

I agree that no coach should be measured against Skip in terms of passion. I just have to say this is one of my favorite photographs of all time. The look on Skip's face is just perfect. It's like he is thinking, "what a sad little man you really are. And we are going to kick your ass... enjoy the ride home."

I caught part of the 2005 dook game this evening. Ugh. Good article.

Back