• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best "College Town"

Best "College Town"

• Total voters

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
In your opinion, what is the best "College Town"? You can vote in terms of athletics, nightlife, community, 'feel', college scene, food, or whatever you'd like. If it makes a difference, you may specify in your post if you think your selection is best for visiting, living, or attending school.

In your opinion, what is the best "College Town"? You can vote in terms of athletics, nightlife, community, 'feel', college scene, food, or whatever you'd like. If it makes a difference, you may specify in your post if you think your selection is best for visiting, living, or attending school.

My brother thinks the entire idea of a "college town" is fraudulent if it can lead one to rank Ithaca over NYC. I have to agree. Seems like New York would be a boss place to go to school.

Sorry it took me so long to get the poll up; I had to actually think of the towns.

I purposely avoided big cities like New York and Boston - besides, Boston isn't much of a college town.

how the hell do you leave off Gainesville?

Sorry it took me so long to get the poll up; I had to actually think of the towns.

I purposely avoided big cities like New York and Boston - besides, Boston isn't much of a college town.

Cambridge is tho.

Further, I didn't include Winston-Salem because it wouldn't be fair - Rec would sway the votes.

Having gone to 6/10 of these, I am having a very difficult time choosing. I really need to get to Austin and Madison. Don't ever want to step foot in that hellhole Ann Arbor.

nice.

Princeton is pretty cool, plus its on the train line to NY - 45 minutes and you are in one of the greatest cities in the world.

Athens, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa... Best college towns are in the ESS EEE SEE

Austin, followed by Athens. Since I've been to both.

Also from what I've heard (only driven through) Gainesville is pretty similar to Tuscaloosa in that its a sweet school to go to, but it sits in somewhat of a dumpy town. On gamedays its probably awesome, but throughout the year it has its down moments. Probably in the "B" tier of college towns.

Last edited:
Back