• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trouble connecting to site

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
I'm having issues connecting to the site on a web browser. I can (obviously, I guess) connect from my mobile browser, but my laptop isn't connecting with both Chrome and Firefox. I reset my connection and cleared out my cookies/cache, but that didn't work.

Thanks...

I'm having issues connecting to the site on a web browser. I can (obviously, I guess) connect from my mobile browser, but my laptop isn't connecting with both Chrome and Firefox. I reset my connection and cleared out my cookies/cache, but that didn't work.

Thanks...

Find out your public IP on the laptop by searching google for "what is my IP" and then either PM that or post it here for TW. He'll clear it right up.

For the past 36 hours I too was locked out of the site. Not sure what happened. Neither Firefox or IE would work. I cleared out all of my cookies and history, rebooted my modem, nada, until now. Any possible explanation?

Same thing as him, just an automatic security trigger. We're actually in the process of loosening some of those up since they're obviously catching people in them who are doing nothing wrong.

Yeah, Chilldeac, I caught your IP in our firewall and whitelisted it. You should be good to go from now on.

Why is it that everytime I go to www.ogboards.com the initial screen that pops up has the following message:

wfudkn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can simply click off of this page so it doesn't affect my ability to access the boards, but I'm still curious if there is a way I can make it stop.

Why is it that everytime I go to www.ogboards.com the initial screen that pops up has the following message:

wfudkn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can simply click off of this page so it doesn't affect my ability to access the boards, but I'm still curious if there is a way I can make it stop.

Nice catch. Our CMS wasn't set up by default to give read permissions to those who have donated to the site(we move you guys into a separate usergroup to accommodate the title change.)

Check now and let me know if you can access the main page.

Nice catch. Our CMS wasn't set up by default to give read permissions to those who have donated to the site(we move you guys into a separate usergroup to accommodate the title change.)

Check now and let me know if you can access the main page.

Works perfectly now. Never knew there was a nifty front page.

Back