• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Lacrosse

Yeah, the problem isn't Title IX because the women have been wanting to add softball and lacrosse for a while. The issue is funding.

As much as I'd like Wake to add lacrosse, I wouldn't want to happen unless it was fully funded. There are a lot of D1 programs that aren't and it shows.

I just don't want to read about the inevitable Wake Lacrosse scandal.

I just wanted to bump this up as reminder to everyone that our game is at 2pm this Sunday in Kentner Stadium. Who ever wins this game wins the division. Also it is supposed to be 86 and sunny, beautiful day for Lacrosse. We would really love to have a lot of local support. It is free and it will be a great game. If you are free please come.

Too bad we don't have the funding because LAX girls are hot, on par with Soccer girls.

Coming from the Northeast, I was surprised and a little disappointed that Wake didn't have a varsity lax team. I sort of contemplated checking out the women's club team, but it wasn't really practical with the amount of time it would have taken up and scheduling conflicts since I was in the band.

Both men's and women's lax are really fun to watch... good luck tomorrow, guys!

Yeah we lost, it wasn't our best outing. We only had about 20 guys to their 50 and the refs gave them all of the calls. But at they end of the day they just outplayed us, it was pretty pathetic. We are still in the playoffs though so hopefully that goes well and i'll keep posting our results on this thread.

I appreciate it Tuffalo. If anyone lives near Atlanta thats where our playoffs are. They are at a local high school, I'm not sure which one though and I'll post that when I find out.

Back