• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Lacrosse

ctdeac13

Reaction score
I know that you guys are probably reading this thread title and thinking since when does Wake have a lacrosse team. Well we don't have a varsity team but we do have a club team. I currently am a defensemen on the team and I am writing this since we have our biggest game of the season this weekend and we would love it if some people could show up to cheer us on. The lacrosse team is currently 7-1 overall and 2-0 in our division. Our only came to South Carolina who is currently 10-0 so they are a a good team. This Sunday 2/10 at 2pm we are playing Virginia Tech at home in Kentner Stadium, the field hockey stadium. Virginia Tech is currently 2-0 in division and the winner of this game will win the division and be the higher seed in our conference playoffs. VT are our arch rivals since a couple of years ago they tried to kick us out the conference since they argued that our team was too small. VT is also historically the best team in our division and last year they beat us twice. Once in the regular season to win the division and again in the first round of the conference playoffs. We as a team would really appreciate if we could get some good fan support this weekend since this is our biggest game of the year and if we won it would be the first time in WF history that we won the division. Both us and VT are very good lacrosse team so it will be a great hard fought, physical game since there is no love lost between these teams. This is the best Lacrosse you will see in the State of North Carolina unless you drive to UNC or Duke. We really appreciate everyone taking the time to read this and please spread the word to your friends and family and to anyone who plays or likes lacrosse. Thanks for the help guys and we look forward to seeing you all out on Sunday.

Go Deacs!!

Why doesn't Wake have a varsity lacrosse team? Always seemed weird to me.

correct re Title IX.

VT has always had a strong team, good luck. I remember (a few years ago) I played against Wake during a winter tournament Wake was hosting. Field still had snow/ice all over the place. Wake did have some cool guys and didn't take it too seriously, which was nice.

Son has a WS Lax league game Sunday at 2. Where can I find the club team schedule? Any more home games?

Always seemed logical to me for wake to add lacrosse and softball

my old roommate is like the greatest lacrosse player in wake history, he was a baller.

Always seemed logical to me for wake to add lacrosse and softball

Lacrosse and bowling would be cheaper. But Title IX probably has an expenditure equivalency requirement.

Thanks for the schedule links. No more home games.

yeah unfortunately this is our last home game. I'm pumped for WVU since we are playing them in mountaneer stadium, their football stadium, under the lights so that will be really cool.

yeah unfortunately this is our last home game. I'm pumped for WVU since we are playing them in mountaneer stadium, their football stadium, under the lights so that will be really cool.

that sounds pretty sweet. I was pumped when we were allowed to use our soccer stadium (let alone a massive D1 fball stadium)

Lacrosse and bowling would be cheaper. But Title IX probably has an expenditure equivalency requirement.

Thanks for the schedule links. No more home games.

Next year I'll be in charge of scheduling so once the schedule is made I will post it here so that interested people can attend the games since I'm assuming that most people didn't even know that our lacrosse team even exists.

For what is worth, HPU will be adding varsity women's lacrosse next year and men's the following. I would assume they cancel each other concerning Title IX. Maybe Wellman just doesn't want to butcher two more coaching hires! Jk

Thanks guys, just in case this is a deal breaker admission is free and alcohol is not prohibited so long as you can control yourself. Our last home game we got a 3 minute penalty since a Drunk Student wouldn't stop yelling at the ref so please don't do that this sunday.

Thanks guys, just in case this is a deal breaker admission is free and alcohol is not prohibited so long as you can control yourself. Our last home game we got a 3 minute penalty since a Drunk Student wouldn't stop yelling at the ref so please don't do that this sunday.

lol sweet stuff. I would go but I'm out of town this weekend. Best of luck. How many people usually come out to this games?

most games there are more fans for the other team than us. the most we've had this season was maybe 20 or 30 and 15 of those we drunk kids from Sig Ep since a lot of the team is from Sig Ep. Usually 10 if we're lucky. We get basically no support and that is why I'm on here to try and get people to come out.

There's no possible way we could afford adding more sports. We would need to endow all scholarships and operating expenses.

Back