• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former UNC-CH Football Player Kills Man

Got it.
BTW what I was saying was more than speculating. Came from a friend of the family in Sanford. So sad in any event all the way around.

Whatever. Dilworth is like 2000 feet from Uptown. Which should also be downtown btw, since you can't have an uptown without a downtown.

It's not Uptown. The problem is people move into Southern cities from places like Ohio and Lee County and they don't know how to act, either in the South, or in a city, where there are things like cars. I would guess this big Gay guy was thinking how cool it would be to literally throw this guy out of the bar who was probably drunk and said something dorky or obnoxious to his girlfriend. Stupid redneck football player (the kind of young man that mebanedeac likes).

Places like Ohio and Lee County - that made me laugh.

If it played out like this I imagine he's looking at an involuntary manslaughter conviction. If it was more of a fight where it can be shown that he should have known the consequences of his actions, with cars buzzing down the road after the fight pushed outside, and Gay was roughing him up good and yet still decided to go for the "kill," so to speak, by chucking him out into the street, I guess he's looking at voluntary.

Will be an interesting case to follow.

It's not Uptown. The problem is people move into Southern cities from places like Ohio and Lee County and they don't know how to act, either in the South, or in a city, where there are things like cars. I would guess this big Gay guy was thinking how cool it would be to literally throw this guy out of the bar who was probably drunk and said something dorky or obnoxious to his girlfriend. Stupid redneck football player (the kind of young man that mebanedeac likes).

maybe although the victim was engaged to be married in August:

mcintyrekeri.jpg

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/dec/01/north-carolina-couple-plan-rite-in-new-m/

RIP, buckets

i know the family of the accused. very sad situation for all parties. makes me appreciate why my parents were always worried shitless about me when they knew i was spending a lot of time at bars.

I really didn't expect Keenan Gay to be the first Butch Davis recruit to face a murder rap.

Sad stuff all around. I live about a block away and Ed's is the midweek go-to. That part of Park is usually pretty slow traffic-wise at that time of night, be interesting to hear how it all went down.

Sad stuff all around. I live about a block away and Ed's is the midweek go-to. That part of Park is usually pretty slow traffic-wise at that time of night, be interesting to hear how it all went down.

As do I, do I know you? Live right on Magnolia Ave. and walk to Ed's about once a a week. Hopefully this incident doesn't damage their business.

i know the family of the accused. very sad situation for all parties. makes me appreciate why my parents were always worried shitless about me when they knew i was spending a lot of time at bars.

Is this by chance a relative of Sanford High Yellow Jackets coaching legend P.J. Gay?
Also have to wonder if the name "Kenan" was an intentional nod to Kenan Stadium.

yes, grandson of paul b. gay. i'm not positive, but i think his mom is a kenan from the kenan oil family which the stadium is named after.

Update: Gay was protecting girlfriend

On Monday, defense attorney Christopher C. Fialko told reporters the dispute started when Kingston touched Gay's girlfriend and Gay tried to pull him away from her.
Fialko said "it is unfortunate" the incident occurred a short distance from the street. Asked whether his client should be charged with first-degree murder, he said no.

Eady-Williams rejected a plea from Fialko for an expedited bond hearing. The decision means Gay must remain behind bars.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ey-dilworth-murder-suspect.html#storylink=cpy

What? How do you pull someone off your girlfriend and drag him at least 30 feet, throw him into the street and say that you were protecting her? Is that really going to be his defense? He should have waited till he got to trial to reveal that one.

What? How do you pull someone off your girlfriend and drag him at least 30 feet, throw him into the street and say that you were protecting her? Is that really going to be his defense? He should have waited till he got to trial to reveal that one.

He also protected his girlfriend by running away from the bar after it happened and leaving her there.

No kidding.

Also, the bar is in a resedential area and I would be surprised if the car was going more than 40 miles an hour. I think the speed limit is 30. I think they are leaving out a particularly gruesome detail that the car likely hit him in the head or ran over him. Otherwise he likely would have flipped over the hood and been in much better shape. I know a couple people and have heard of a lot more that have been hit by cars and lived to tell the tale. Really sad story.

They showed the car on News 14 yesterday. It had very little damage IMO. I'll look for a link to the story.

Only video I could find on News 14 site is a newer story with no BMW.

yes, grandson of paul b. gay. i'm not positive, but i think his mom is a kenan from the kenan oil family which the stadium is named after.

Paul B. Gay? That sounds like the start of an Eddie Murphy stand-up routine segment from the 80s.

Back